Allow me to share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow me to share

I do realize that this time of year can be stressful for a lot of us here. I too am often challenged by family gatherings. It is probably the one situation I still need to get better at dealing with, but it's in a working state.

However, I'm here to say that I feel quite excited that this holiday season is coming! It will provide me and my family with a lot of joy and I'm happy at that prospect. I feel like things have, can and will get better with practice. So I felt I should share that, although we all have challenging times, it does get better!

There are definitely still things that plague me, but they're taking a backseat for now and the relief is amazing. The only thing I can attribute it to is drinking less. I've been limiting my alcohol consumption which, granted, was probably more than it should have been. And every day that I wake up completely sober ends up being way happier than it would have been had I drank the previous day. It almost makes me think why I would even consider putting myself through that in the first place. You would think the negative reinforcement would be enough to outweigh the drunken feeling but I guess my silly brain doesn't think so.

Regardless, I hope this helps to serve as an example that we can all have good days if we just keep at it!

I hope those good days arrive sooner rather than later for all of you.

Take care.
    Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Thank you for sharing that Bucky310.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Lack of friends + Lack of cash = a sad quiet holiday season ..
      I'll survive it .. I had a terrible one a year ago .. I don't think this one is gonna be different .. Not worse at least ..

Comment

Hello Bucky310. Thx for sharing and good luck with everything. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Mercifully, my family has reached the point where gatherings are not practical. Even Christmas cards have fallen by the wayside. A few phone calls will do the trick.

At home, perhaps a nice dinner. I don't participate in the celebration which perhaps makes this somewhat lonely for my spouse, but I am here.

For whatever capacity you have to enjoy the season, I do wish you a Merry Christmas.
          ​​​​​​

Comment

wow what a wonderful outlook you have this season Bucky

Comment

Working...
            X