Sad that I actually wake up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad that I actually wake up

hi I am a newbie and have been battling major depressive disorder for well over 6 months. I have been admitted to hospital 2 for thoughts and a plan of suicide. I am just so sad. I cry for no reason, it’s so random then I get frustrated cause I can’t explain why I am crying - it’s exhausting I also do have thoughts of harming my self now I just am sad that I have to face another day when I wake up in the morning. Just wondering if anyone had similar experiences or could suggest why the random crying.

Welcome to the forums TM3000.

Sometimes the very best we can do when we're depressed is to cry, and it's not a bad thing. It is a good indicator along with a depressed mood that something is amiss. You mentioned that you were in the hospital. I assume you were seen by a psychiatrist? Did they put you on any medication? Set you up for follow up? Keep asking for the help you need until you get it. It can be a frustrating process, but well worth it. You're worth it!

Feel free to share as little or as much of yourself as you are comfortable on these forums. Have a rant if needed, or simply pop in to say hello. We're a friendly supportive bunch.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Welcome TM3000,

Thank you for sharing. I agree that depression is exhausting. It is all consuming. Suffocating. Crying for no reason. Anger for no reason. Frustration at the stupidest things. Waking up in the morning and looking forward to one thing only - going back to bed... being asleep... only dreaming can be so awful, so where is there a break?? It will come. Eventually, after fighting for what could be ages, there will be a moment of peace... a moment of triumph, when you can laugh in the face of depression and say "I win!!" I am not saying that depression won't come again. In my case, for example, I find that I am fighting depression more often than not. Others, however, manage to walk away from depression forever. I keep that possibility in mind - one day I will feel ok again, and maybe, if i am lucky, it will last.

I look forward to more of your posts TM3000,
      Take care,
      Kaight

Comment

hi and welcome. You will find this a safe space to share or just rant and with knowledgable moderators... hugs I know how you feel and where you are coming from

Comment

Working...
        X