After Months Away...Important Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Months Away...Important Question

I came to this site...not sure what I was looking for, maybe just some advice or ideas. Anyway, I have been inactive for months, no idea how long but lately I have really been fighting to keep my head above water. I have (what I used to think were) immense coping skills but I'm not sure how much worse I can get before I can no longer cope. Months ago (after coming here) I did go see my doctor and explained my symptoms. He sent me for blood tests, which were all normal EXCEPT extremely low testosterone. My last visit my levels had dropped even further, below 4. The doc restarted testosterone replacement shots on Tuesday. Today is Friday and I'm here to ask if I go to a hospital with severe depression and irritability, what is going to happen? I mean, is it worth going? Or should I try to wait it out and let the shots start to work??? If I go, will they blame the shot for making me worse and then stop them? I've been this way for 7 months...I can't take much more. I can feel my body slipping away (I tried to keep in shape as a way of coping with depression and celibacy)...but I don't want to make a mistake. I've never been treated for depression in a hospital and it does frighten me. Any suggestions?

Hello Neddy. Having a low testosterone level can cause all sorts of problems as you are finding out. Will the shots lift you out of your depression? Maybe. I wish I could give you a firmer answer. I've taken shots for many yrs now and I can still get depressed, The fact that I haven't been suicidal is only partially linked to the injections. Or at least that is my best guess. The shots take a while to build up in your system , or at least mine do if I happen to miss a couple, so it may take some time to boost your levels. I would suggest that if you are feeling on the edge that you go to hospital and tell them the truth. They may keep you they may not, Better to be safe than sorry. Good Luck and Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks Paul. I've hung on til now without taking any steps and I think I feel just marginally better, but not enough to make a difference. I am due for my 3rd shot tomorrow so it's still very early. I'm curious, were you prescribed the shots every week or every 2 weeks or something else?

Comment

Hello Neddy. I started out with a daily pill, which simply didn't work consistently. There is a patch available in the USA, but I don't know about Cda. Since I've been on needles I go every two weeks and take a 3mg hit at a time. Good Luck and Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
        X