Mornings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mornings

It seems to me that I addressed this issue a long time ago, but who knows where that thread may be. It's about how mornings can be difficult compared to the rest of the day.

I had a crappy spring and not the greatest start to the summer, and brought a lot of my "tool box" of coping mechanisms into play. I returned to keeping a rough chart of my moods on a daily basis. Yesterday I perused the chart and it's clear that my mood is consistently low in the morning. I'm not sure what to do about it. I've tried a few things in the past but have never really figured out a good way to change it other than go on holidays somewhere interesting, and unfortunately that's just a temporary fix. Can anybody relate? Any feedback or suggestions are welcome!
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Some people just aren't morning people. I am not the happiest camper in the morning either. What makes you think this is abnormal?

Comment

I suppose the difference is that for most of my adult life I was good in the morning and no longer am. I seriously wonder if years of shift work messed up my body clock, and since retiring I still can't re-set it.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I can so relate Uni. It took me quite awhile afterward but my clock is finally reset!
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

How did you manage it AJ? It's probably normal enough for a lot of people to feel unhappy when they wake up, but if possible I want to improve this for myself.
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Her name is Bella and she sits at the end of the bed and whispers a ruff to get me up in the AM. That's how I got into a routine. I get up at the same time every morning and try to go to bed at the same time (that part isn't always consistent). Now that I'm in that routine I have come to love early mornings. It's quiet and peaceful. The heat of the day hasn't arrived. The sun rises and there's hope for a good day.

When I worked, I dreaded the beginning of a work day. The shifts in schedule were also very difficult on my whole being.
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Try not to wake up in the morning. Wake up at afternoon and so you will not have a bad morning

Comment

Haha! Too true ruthmagner. I have been known to do that! It does take care of the morning

AJ, the fact that you have Bella seems to make a great difference for you in so many ways! I'm not allowed pets where I live, and besides I go away from home a lot, but maybe in future...
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. I'm lousy at mornings too. But if I can get up and active I know that my whole day will go better. If I don't get up I tend to do nothing but feel guilty about wasting the day( I can easily sleep until 2 in the afternoon). So I try and get up by 10 at the latest and 8 when I have things to do. I feel better overall once I get up and get going. Take Care. paul m
                  "Alone we can do so little;
                  Together we can do so much"
                  Helen Keller

Comment

Yes Uni, Bella is a great companion and my life has been so enriched with her in it!
                    AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

For me it used to be the afternoons and evenings were the worst for me and suddenly it switched to mornings. It was terrible in the mornings and the depression and anxiety were at much higher levels. I had a hard time getting out of bed and getting going in the mornings. I am currently doing an experiment with green tea and vitamin b12, I'd link the experiment details to my blog post but I'm not sure that's allowed.

Anyways I still find it hard to get out of bed but once I've pushed myself out of bed and had the green tea and vitamin b12 I get a bit of a boost that gets me going and the depression feels lighter for lack of a better word.I've been doing it for almost a month now as the experiment was for one month and see what kind of results I got.

I have noticed a bit more energy in the mornings, feeling lighter with the depression and the thoughts seem to be a bit less. It took about a week before I started feeling those differences. Drinking 2 cups of green tea and 1000 mcg of the vitamin b12
                      Your Mental Health and Wellness
                      https://yourmentalhealthwellness.com/

Comment

From what I gather it's hard to go wrong with green tea. Probably the b12 also, although I don't know about recommended dosage. In any case I'm glad you're seeing some positives in the mornings.
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                        X