Need help, anxiety attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help, anxiety attacks

Hi guys, this is my first time posting or actually talking about this on a forum as i am at a point where i am desperate to find some sort of solution to this problem.

it began where about 5 months ago i started taking pre workouts at the gym to gain more energy thus better workouts. I had been taking this withought getting any problems healthwise until recently.

about 1 month ago i took a little more then usual, when i got back home about 3 hours later, i started experiencing heavy anxiety, i had to get my father to come over as i felt i was about to lose control kind of like a panic attack, i have always had anxiety wich for a while now i had for the most part under control, but this was nothing like i had ever experienced.

Every day after that, i have been living close to 24/7 with panic attacks, especially when nightfall it hits as hard as the first time, i am getting extremely depressed at this point, went to see the doctors, got blood tests wich came in nearly perfect, they had prescribed me with these anxiety pills wich i stopped taking after 2 days due to it making me even more nervous.

I cannot for my life figure out whats going on, i really need help, i don't know how much longer of this i can go through

Forgot to mention, i have also been off anything that has caffeine since the incident, no alchohol for atleast 2 and a half months and no smoking either

Comment

Hi Phil12,

I just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the forums. I am sorry that you are suffering and I hope that you and your doctor will soon get to the root of the problem.

(((hugs)))
      Kaight

Comment

Hello Phil12 and welcome.While I would love to be able to give you a concrete answer I can't. Unfortunately anxiety attacks can hit us for no known reason at any age and can be severe. The good news is that with medical help they often can be lessened or eliminated. Treatment for anxiety attacks varies from person to person but may include cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and/or medication. CBT has been shown to be very effective. If you have a really good medical plan or if you can afford the $1000-$1200 for the cost of CBT than that is one alternative. If you are like most of us and can't afford it, talk with your doctor and see if there are any low cost or sliding scale CBT courses in your area.

Sometimes the initial medication prescribed can make your anxiety worse.. You should talk to your doctor about how ineffective the medicine was. If the doc can't offer any other effective relief see if the doc can make a referral to a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist is usually more aware of all the different treatment options than a family doctor. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Phil12 and welcome. A lot of the Pre workout products have a significant amount of caffeine in them. When you say you've stopped caffeine, I assume you are no longer using those products either?
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
          X