Anxiety is beating me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxiety is beating me

After two years of paying for everything out of savings, I finally gave up and started applying for jobs. The only responses were from call centres. Tried two and just couldn't handle it. Don't have any credentials and, as a formerly self-employed person, don't have much of a resume. Is anybody here on CPP Disability? Do they ever say yes? Thanks in advance for your responses.

From what I've heard they often turn you down the first time, but appeals are often successful. Just takes longer...
    “Depression is feeling like you’ve lost something but having no clue when or where you last had it. Then one day you realize what you lost is yourself.” —Unknown

Comment

Hello Easterner. With CPPD it's all in how your doc fills out the forms. He must say that your illness is severe and long lasting (at least a year). If he says something vague like joe smith may be able to return to work in the future with the right treatment, you will get turned down.

Paul57 is correct that they often turn you down the first time, that is because when your file is first reviewed it is done by a clerk whose medical knowledge of your condition may be limited. When it is reviewed on appeal it is usually done by someone with more medical knowledge.

In my case I was approved for CPPD when it was thought that I had depression and anxiety(turns out I had bipolar 1) , so it is possible to get approved. Take Care. paul m
      P.S. Hello and welcome to Paul 57
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

I was fortunate to have a psychiatrist that was very thorough and knew how to present my case well on paper. She also set me up with a social worker just to help me fill out my portion of the forms. The wording is so important. My biggest challenge was getting my doctor to sit down and do it! I did get approved the first time.

Welcome to the forums Paul57.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
        X