Depression is taking over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depression is taking over

Hi i dont even know how to start im a 45 male married with 4 kids been suffering depression for over 10 years to the point where i use to pray to die every night this was before i got married wen i got marrie i got better but had my ups and downs now im back to the same way i use to thinking of suicide all the time being all alone most of the time everything gets to me its ruinning my marriege im taking meds but i cant find peace in my life felling hopeless

Hi Prcm and welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling right now. I hope things improve for you soon.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello and welcome Prcm. I don't have any great answers for you. I would ask your doctor about trying different meds , it doesn't sound as if yours are working very well. You may have already tried different medications, but sometimes it take a good deal of experimenting with different meds to get what works for you. You can also ask about any possible CBT (cognetive behavioural therapy) coursew in your area. Good Luck and Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Welcome to the forum Prcm. Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear things are so hard for you.. I can relate to not finding peace, and feeling hopeless, having experienced those feelings off and on over the years. One thing about depression is that it's very treatable. There are medications, doctors/therapists, face-to-face support groups an online forums like this, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and other education sessions, even just phoning or texting an understanding, patient person if you know one. Maybe one or more of these things can be of help to you.

Sometimes all we need is a little thread of hope. Depression blocks us from feeling hope, If it helps, borrow some of mine, I have extra to share right now.
        Last edited by uni; December 29, 2018, 04:39 PM. Reason: spelling
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Prcm. All good advice above. It can be hard to be assertive and ask the doctor for more help, or to tell them what you're doing isn't working. Is there anyone that go in with you to make sure the message gets across to the doctor? A friend, your wife, anyone?

Maybe there's mental health advocates or other types of medical advocates in your area that can help you navigate the system and get the help you need.

Comment

Welcome Prcm,

I am sorry that you are suffering. I can relate as I have had some very dark times in my depression history. I have spent as much time as possible learning about depression and other mental health issues. I have done variations of CBT. I have been in groups, both online and in person. I have talked with social workers and therapists. And taken medication too. It has taken all of these thing to get me through. I still find myself struggling, but I am comforted knowing that I now have so much more knowledge about my depression ... a toolbox of knowledge to help ease the pain. Sometimes the best 'tool' is to forgive myself... to remind myself it is OK that I am feeling depressed at the moment... this often helps ease the tension a bit.

I hope that you find some tools Prcm. I would suggest that you not rely solely on your doctor... round up as many people as possible to help you fight this!!

Kaight

Comment

Working...
            X