Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treatment of Depression in Canada with Psychedelics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EggsAndBacon View Post
    I've been reading and hearing a lot about the use of psychedelic compounds as part of a mental health treatment plan. The research looks very promising.

It doesn't appear that there's any research being done along these lines in Canada outside of BC. No, no BC stoner jokes, it's just a fact that BC is where most of the advocacy for research into this is done.

If anyone knows of studies being done in Nova Scotia, I'd be glad to hear about them. I've never done recreational drugs and am generally terrified of psychedelics but not as scared as the depression getting so bad again. I'd really like to get off the depression and anxiety medications. If that would help, it would be worth it.
    Hi Eggs & Bacon; the research in BC is the only one I know of. My son invests in Numinus, a B.C.-based publicly traded company specializing in psychedelic research, production, and distribution. It's one of the few companies with a Health Canada licence to do so.
    Can read about it here: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...alth-1.6070510
    You're right, BC will always be ahead of the curve ... and maybe Quebec. But lots of research is being done in the world now and I wouldn't be surprised if pschedelic shrooms become part of a psychiatrists tool kit for prescription. I recently learned esketamine (infusion and spray) s just now entering the field. Good luck with things, it can't always be easy to be partnered with someone with depression.

Comment

I have also heard about sprays started to be used even though nobody seems to advertise them yet. Hopefully more treatments that can help alleviate depressive symptoms come to light.

Mocha231

Comment

Working...
      X