People in our Lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People in our Lives

Can people we surround ourselves with keep us down or is it just the depression talking and me pushing away?
    When I get out with a couple girlfriends I feel a lift in my mood, they seem to bring me out of my funk. Its like I'm wearing a different mask. They don't really know about my depression. I try to hide it when I'm around people. As soon as I get home or just doing my usual daily activities my mood gets really low again. At home I feel really lonely, sad, disconnected alot of the times even though I have people in my home and people phoning me.
    I live with a chronic pain illness, fatigue and mental health. I think staying at home so much is depressing me more, along with so much more I'm sure. I feel like I've lost my identity in this world.
    I need to get out more somehow. I miss routine and adult interaction.

I find that being out an about shifts me into a less self reflection inner kind of mood. t’s a welcome shift.

I’m a social creature by nature and I also love the great outdoors. Sometimes I can even empty my mind of worries. Just for a while I am.

AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I know what you mean AJ. I find it helpful getting out doing things out of the ordinary or just being outdoors away from my 4 walls. I push myself to go out sometimes even if its just to get a coffee.
      I use to be happy go lucky all the time before this illness, and loved being social. I still am when I'm in a good state of mind. I just wish there was more good days than bad days lately. I'm hopeful though. This time of the year is always worse for me.

Comment

This is a tough time of year for me too Strugglesinmymind. Being hopeful and knowing that things will be better, keeps me putting one foot in front of another.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
        X