Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FriedEgg
    replied
    PerseverantSurvivor, I love your perspective and your username!

Leave a comment:

• PerserverantSurvivor
    replied
    A tree is a really great analogy. I think we are taught that we have to accomplish certain things by certain times, that we have to own certain things, and lead life a certain way. And the truth is that many people fall into the "normal" range and do all of the things they are "supposed" to do, leaving the rest of us to feel as though we dont belong. But we do. Our role is different. Its special. But we have to look within and see that our true worth cannot be measured in that way. We are all unique, and we bring unique gifts to the world. We are not all meant for what i call loud greatness. Many of us are meant for quiet greatness. The kind that doesnt get pats on the back or a whole lot of recognition. Its the kind that we know deep inside. That we are sharing something good with the world in some small way and just being at peace with that ourselves and not needing any validation for it. It could be a smile, buying a coffee for someone in need, listening to a friend, spending time with someone who needs a friend, noticing when someone is sad and letting them know you care. Those are qualities that heal others and that is quiet greatness.

No person is worthless. We are all of great value. The journey in life, the adventure is figuring out your personal greatness. And make no mistake it exists. You are special. You are needed. You are loved.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Self awareness is a work in progress. For me it usually comes after allowing myself to simply be in the moment. It is from there that I see the whole picture more clearly.

A very caring sensitive friend of mind saw me struggling with self worth. He wrote me the most beautiful poem about a crooked tree growing in the forest. The axe man came and cut down a beautiful straight 'perfect' tree, leaving the very unique crooked one to grow to a very ripe old age in the forest where she belonged. I've never forgotten that friend, or his message to me in that poem.

Leave a comment:

• paul m
    replied
    Hello AugustFuryan. It is always hard to maintain a positive attitude when battling depression. One way I fight it is I tell myself over and over that I'm a good person with a bad illness , not a bad person. Take Care. paul m

Leave a comment:

• PerserverantSurvivor
    replied
    I have always believed that if we talk ourselves inti believing something negative, the same can be done in the opposite. So just being aware of when you arent being kind to yourself, and then changing the way you self talk. Even if in the moment youndont believe the good stuff, you will eventually.

Leave a comment:

• AugustFuryan
    started a topic Feeling Worthless

Feeling Worthless

Anyone know of a good way to fight feelings of worthlessness. One of the triggers is my weight and how I do self talk.
Working...
X