X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notnow
    replied
    Originally posted by tom View Post
    I have had serious depression since last April, I also has a history of Bi-polo. After the failur trying diffent medication. I have had 8 times of
    ECT treatments in the hospital, which dramatically improved my depression. I feel comming back, getting rid of mask face, much better mood,
    better energy, like comunicate/socialize with people and friends, more active on We-Chat, more confident, the depression is almost gone...

If you have had serious depression, ECT could be a good option to consider.

Sorry about the spelling mistakes.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Thx for this testimonial on ECT Tom. I've been seriously thinking about it because meds are not effective for me. Your experience sounds very promising. My mom (a former nurse) really does NOT want me to try it but I feel it's mostly because she witnessed treatments first hand and she feels it's too harsh. However, it's not her body (or head) and I think most people who are mentally healthy just don't understand us depressed folk and how debilitating it can be.

Leave a comment:

• paul m
    replied
    Hello Tom and welcome. The subject of ECT's come up regularly hopefully some one will see your post and ask about it. Take Care. paul m

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Tom, here's one person's experience with ECT:

There are other posts about ECT but I haven't done a search for links. Others may jump in after Easter and share their experiences.

Leave a comment:

• tom
    replied
    Hi AJ,

It seems no one is interested in ECT, which is very effective treating Depression. What a pity !

Tom

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I merged your two posts under one topic Tom. Once you see my reply you will see an option to post a reply underneath. I posted an image below.
    You do need to be signed in to the forum with your username and password.

Post reply.png

Leave a comment:

• tom
    replied
    Hi AJ,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I try to write the follow up but do not know how.

Regards,
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Welcome to the forums Tom. Don't worry about spelling. You will not be marked by any teacher on these forums. LOL

Leave a comment:

• tom
    started a topic experience with ECT treatment

experience with ECT treatment

I have had serious depression since last April, I also has a history of Bi-polo. After the failur trying diffent medication. I have had 8 times of
    ECT treatments in the hospital, which dramatically improved my depression. I feel comming back, getting rid of mask face, much better mood,
    better energy, like comunicate/socialize with people and friends, more active on We-Chat, more confident, the depression is almost gone...

If you have had serious depression, ECT could be a good option to consider.

Sorry about the spelling mistakes.

Best regards,
    Tom
Working...
X