Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone suggest an experienced psychologist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone suggest an experienced psychologist?

Hi everyone,
    I am here to find a solution for my friend who is having a social anxiety disorder. From childhood, we were together, so I know about her attitude towards life. She often avoids certain social or performance situations and finds it difficult to adapt to a new environment. As we have completed our studies, our next step is to find a good job and she finds it difficult to work with others due to her anxiety disorder. Before stepping into a career, she needs to get rid of her anxiety. So, I recommended her to go for anxiety therapy in Toronto.

Hi Poseept and welcome to the forums. Your friend may not be able to 'get rid' of her anxiety, but she can certainly learn how to manage it. Perhaps someone in the Toronto area can chime in here. Checking with the local chapter of CMHA may help. They can point her in the right direction.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Poseept, and welcome. I don't live in Ontario so unfortunately can't refer you to anyone. I think AJ's suggestion of contacting the local Canadian Mental Health Association (the CMHA has a website with info) is a good place to start. They can probably point you in the right direction. I hope this helps. Please let us know how you make out.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

See if you could get refered to the Depression Clinic at Toronto Western hospital. They may be able to find you one at your clinic or point you in the right direction. Here is their link with all their contact info

Comment

Hey Poseept,

I would recommend checking out http://www.resilientfocus.com , great organization and they truly care about people.

Comment

Hey Poseept, I think there's many ways for her to work on her anxiety, although it may never go away... If you want, feel free to pass my email to her, I'm a counsellor and I provide free services for the month of February. I'm also located in Ottawa but I do live chats so that can be beneficial to her if she's uncomfortable in social situations.
            Last edited by AJ; February 7, 2020, 12:00 AM. Reason: Email address removed from post. Please use PM to share email address.

Comment

Originally posted by Poseept View Post
              Hi everyone,
              I am here to find a solution for my friend who is having a social anxiety disorder. From childhood, we were together, so I know about her attitude towards life. She often avoids certain social or performance situations and finds it difficult to adapt to a new environment. As we have completed our studies, our next step is to find a good job and she finds it difficult to work with others due to her anxiety disorder. Before stepping into a career, she needs to get rid of her anxiety. So, I recommended her to go for anxiety therapy in Toronto.
              The best thing to do is focus on it and study and which person is best. Different psychologists appeal more to different people. It goes for counsellors and therapists. You could look at reviews on google or find someone that is more popular.

Comment

Working...
              X