New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

I'm new here. I'm approaching 63 years of age (how did THAT happen?) and I seem to be in a deep depression that I can't climb out of. I have COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder) so I have breathing problems, sometimes debilitating. That's likely due to over 40 years of smoking so I can't complain as I did it to myself. Depression is one of the symptoms of COPD but I think there's also another factor. The results are that I just don't care about anything anymore. Some people would envy me. I'm a fairly skilled artist and at one time or another I've immersed myself in electronics, photography and astronomy, all of it self-taught. Most recently I've been studying nuclear and quantum physics. And I don't care for any of it anymore. The one driving passion in my life was art and over the decades I got good at it. Again, phfft, so what? I've lost interest in my job and my life. I'm alone most of the time and I have no social life. The great pleasure I used to get starting into a new book is gone. I'm cynical and pessimistic. I'm smart enough to know I need help because right now the end of life doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

Welcome to the forums Keevo.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
    X