Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goals

I have made a connection with the company I did some volunteer work with years ago. So much has changed. They lost a lot of funding and are not able to provide the support they had been in the past. So sad. It felt so good to talk to this woman because she is on the same page as I am so I will begin to volunteer again and meet new people as well as connect with people I have not talked to in 10 years. I’m actually quite excited about it.

I have done nothing in regards to exercise except some moving and housework which I just started the last couple of days. I’m going to see if I can get a family member to walk on the beach with me because I think it will benefit them as well.

Want to do some country drives to enjoy the beautiful Fall colours of Ontario. Have not seen this in many years either. It will get me out of the house.

Does anyone else have goals they want to achieve for wellness? Maybe this should be in the sandbox?

Rosey those sound like great activities for wellness. Don't worry about what section you post in, we're not particular.

I won't be walking on any beaches, just trudging thru snow. Enjoy the fall colours for me!
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks, AJ. I have not been watching the news....too depressing but did the other day and oh my the poor prairies and the snow.... holy cow!

For goals I’m going to add: find a job for one day a week so I can be with people and out of the house and it won’t interfere with my pensions. I applied to Elections Canada to work as a poll clerk last night and got hired today! It’s late to apply but there are always cancellations and I got one. For anyone interested It’s about $300 for the day and they train you. You just sit at the poll station and check people off the list then count the ballots. I’ve done the job before but it’s supper easy. Just go to the elections Canada website and apply online at the “jobs” link. No interview etc.
      Last edited by Rosey; October 16, 2019, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I had no idea that it was a paid job.
        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Rosy, good work on setting and working towards goals! I have goals but there are so many barriers that I just go around in circles and get more depressed. Mine are more related to basic human needs like housing and employment. Bottom line is, whatever I do it's never good enough.

For example, Elections Canada, I got hired as a district returning officer. It was a nightmare, the ballots didn't balance; I felt so overwhelmed by all the paperwork and had a floating supervisor who at the end of the evening was royally ticked off that me and the poll clerk were so far behind, and I had to drive back with him to the Elections Office so they could balance the votes. At one point I just shut down and couldn't help crying.

Comment

That sounds like an awful experience Lady in Blue.
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Lady in Blue, that was a bad experience you had and it was very unprofessional of your supervisor to be angry. Their job was to help! It was a great expereince for me but I had done this before 8 yrs ago and had a really good trainer at the training session which was 4 hrs. That trainer really emphasized the importance of checking your balance of votes by counting the events log. I was a poll clerk and it was my job to ensure the checks and balances were in place. My DRO partner was just as hyperviligent about the checks and balances as I was lol. We were both neurotic. So a simple thing like using the cell phone calculator and hitting the wrong key was one reason a check of ours did not balance.

So we had a good time throughout the day and 3 of us are planning a get together to walk and coffee cause were have all moved to the area recently. All of us felt overwhelmed at first cause there was a lot of information to take in and so many what if scenarios but always referring to your guide book helps and we had very helpful supervisors. Long day though from 8:30 am to midnight by the time my time left as we were the last group to be checked by the supervisor so we could pack up. A lot more security checks in place which took more time than it did 8 yrs ago.

Comment

Working...
              X