Dissociation/Derealization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dissociation/Derealization

I feel disconnected from my body and the world. Earlier I felt lik to run away and escape my life, maybe my feelings have escalated to a point where nothing means anything and I feel apart from the world. How do I reconnect with my body and surroundings?

HelloPineTree I don't have any good answer for you. Hopefully someone else will leave an answer. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you Paul. Yes I hope someone does. The only answer so far has been self harm

Comment

I can sympathize with the disconnected feeling. I used to liken it to watching my life unfold as if I'm watching it on a tv screen. It was a step back sort of deal. As if my brain was protecting me from life.

I've gotten much better since asking my doctor for help. I got on to a medication routine that works for me. I also went to therapy which, thankfully, I could afford. I truly believe I am on the other side of it now and life is amazing! So I am living proof that it can and will get better with effort.

I hope this might help in some way. If you are considering self harm, please speak to a doctor immediately. You are worth it!

Hope you're feeling better.

Take care.
        Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Comment

HelloPineTree. Sorry to hear that you are thinking of self harming.. Better to vent out some frustrations on here. I know that medical help may be hard to come by and I know how logical it seems to self harm but it never got me anywhere. Take Care. paul m
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks Bucky and Paul,

I am on meds and they are not planning on changing them until after the experimental treatment in January. Therapy, I can't afford. The free ones are free for a reason. I went for a walk, The sunlight was nice and so was the fresh air. I will get my meds reconsidered

Comment

Hello TallPine Tree, and welcome. I understand the feelings you're describing, as I've had them every so often too. I really dislike feeling that way, because of the isolation of it, and just plain weirdness. However, in my case the feelings have gone away on their own. Maybe that will happen for you too. Regardless, re-visiting your med situation sounds like a place to start.

Taking yourself out for a walk, I congratulate you Walking is always so good for a person, but sometimes I just can't talk myself into going.

Regarding therapy, I've found that it's less about what a therapist costs, and more about how well I "connect" with that particular person. A friend of mine paid a lot of money to see a therapist and got nothing much out of it. I've gone to the free ones and been satisfied most of the time, but not all. Same with the ones I paid for. I figure you never know. Give me enough hooks and I'll eventually find one to hang my hat on....

I hope you feel better very soon.
              Last edited by uni; December 9, 2019, 09:43 PM. Reason: smilies
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I get that weird feeling when the world is going on around me and I am not in it. Find a way to connect. Another person or activity to ground you. Might be meds are off. Make a phone call, write out the scary feelings, the ugliness. I use the notes feature on my phone.
                At home furiously adult coloring. Coping another way because you are already hurting. Self harm is a way out. Find a way in. You are not alone feeling this way.

Comment

Working...
                X