Depression, to be or not to be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depression, to be or not to be.

Hello I am Joshua Pryce, i have battled with low self esteem issues, i went to different schools and faced a lot of bullying. I felt no purpose in life and what is the point of living. I self harming by overdosing on sleeping pills. I have battled mental health for a few years. I was spiritually attacked and saw things and heard things that no one has ever seen before.
    I feel that being spiritual and taking on a spiritual nature has helped me battle my demons. I have slain some pretty big and powerful demons over the years. From severe poverty, to no love from family, my best friend tried to get me killed, when i was young. I believe that the bible can be a guide to life, proverbs is full of words that can be inspirational but also practical.

As a person spiritually grows and starts to believe in themselves more and more, things become easier to grab and personal demons can be put down. Faith is persistence and self motivation attached to it. The best thing to do is communicate effectively and get the point across, i live my life doing this.

My quotes:

1. Have a heart of gold, encased in steel. Gold is what it gives out and steel is what it takes in.

2. You can make the difference in your life through focus.

3. Faith is not just believing in God its believing in yourself.

I am a speaker, but a preacher, i know the bible well, and i have many different life experiences too.

The question.

What do you think is the key to overcoming depression?

Hello Prycejosh1987. I think that depression has many possible cures. All of them are influenced by the individual, their situation and the seriousness of their depression.. CBT, medication, ECTs, attitude , holistic medicine and indeed religion and many other methods can help someone overcome depression Some people require a combination of many methods to cure their problems Others may require a change of lifestyle possibly in addition to other methods.

I could poke holes in any single method, but what works for the individual is what counts. Some people have been fortunate enough to find a cure readily. others struggle through method after method to find a cure often to no avail. I am glad that you have found what works for you. Take Care. paul m

"Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
    X