Sleepwalking and depression and anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleepwalking and depression and anxiety

Hi everyone. Looking for some information and suggestions regarding sleepwalking. This has been an issue for a few yrs. I’m anxious about going to bed at night because I don’t know what I’m going to do as far as sleepwalking is concerned. It causes anxiety and further depression. I’ve done two overnight studies at sleep clinics and everything checked out ok. I don’t sleep walk every night. As a matter of fact it’s been about 2 wks since the last episode. The sleep study Dr ordered an overnight oxygen saturation test to see if my oxygen levels drop too low and then cause me to get up. I have COPD and was on home oxygen at one point. The test I had last July turned out fine and I’ve just done another one which I’m getting the results for tomorrow. The episodes terrify me, I never know what I’m going to do. I live alone so there’s no one to stop me and redirect me. One night I put my cell phone in the microwave and turned it on! The sparks woke me up. Needless to say the cell was a write off. This was also a fire hazard. My ex husband put a lock on the microwave thinking that would deter me. Didn’t work. Finally it was suggested that I unplug it at night. So far this has worked. I still wake up and find things in the microwave but haven’t had the wear with all to plug it in thank goodness. My biggest fear is leaving the apt.bldg which I’ve done in my pjs with no keys or cell phone. I woke up outside the lobby door one night and had to buzz the caretaker to let me in. I’m afraid I’m going to wonder away from the apt bldg and end up who knows where. And who am I going to run into? My daughter who lives in same bldg has caught me out in the hallway at night and redirected me back to my apt. No recollection of these episodes. I was taken off Imovane as it was thought this was contributing to the sleepwalking. No matter what I take to sleep I get up several times a night. Don’t know why. Last time I was up I went into filing cabinet into bank file and took out a cheque book. I found the cheque book in living room next morning with a cash Amy written out and an unrecognizable signature. No recollection of this either. The sleep study Dr says it’s dangerous to live alone. This has added to my anxiety and depression. My daughter has offered to spend the nights but she has mental health issues and is overwhelmed easily. She’s a light sleeper and would wake up each time I got up during night. She would have to get out of bed to check to see if I was sleepwalking or just awake getting a snack or drink. This would take a toll on her mental and physical health. It was suggested that I get another lock for my door, maybe a deadbolt. My ex husband thinks I would figure that out and not only that but my daughter needs to have access to my apt. She has a key. She couldn’t reach me one morning so came over and found me unresponsive in bed. I had taken an accidental Dilaudid overdose. Got into them sometime during night. So medications can’t be left in the apt either. So desperate. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Anyone with similar experiences?
Working...
X