Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit a bit of a decline

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all doing well. I hit a bit of a decline myself as of late. I went years without anxiety attacks and now they've seemingly crept back into my life.

I cannot point to any specific change in my life. In fact, the past few years have been amazing. I've had multiple big life changes (got married, got a house, etc.). I also feel like Covid may have atrophied my social skills and possibly caused the anxiety attacks to resume.

I've had one serious attack and two not so serious attacks from what I can recall. But it is getting harder to go out to things (family events, weddings, etc.).

I eliminated drinking for the most part. Which has helped a lot, but not as much as I would have liked.

I am taking steps, going to be starting a therapy thing through work soon. So I'm hopeful to learn some new techniques and get some relief from that.

Anyway, hope you're all coping well and doing better than I am as of late.

Take care.
    Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Hi bucky310. It's always good to hear from you.

I think Covid has dulled many of our social skills, and anxiety in certain situations can be more difficult. That's good that you are starting therapy. Hang in there and keep us posted.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi bucky310. How are you doing?
      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi Bucky, sorry to hear you're struggling a bit. Even though such nice things are happening. Sometimes even big things like marriage and a house can be stressful even if they're positive. Good for you for finding therapy. I hope you find it helpful.

Comment

Hi AJ / Quito,

Thanks for your responses. I'm hanging in there. Still waiting on the therapy to kick in through work, but hoping it will happen soon.

Overall I'm good, just need to get to the bottom of things.

Take care.
          Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Comment

I'm thinking of you Bucky310, and hope you feel better soon, and the therapy helps when you get it. This anxiety and depression stuff is for the birds! I hope you're able to get to the bottom of things, as you say. Please let us know how you make out.
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks for the update bucky310. I hope
              its not too long a wait.
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi all,

First appointment is scheduled for next week. I'm surprisingly excited... feels weird but it's true.

Thanks for your support

Comment

I’m glad you can see someone next week. I bet that excitement is tied in with hope.
                  It never hurts to have extra tools
                  In the wellness toolbox.
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

That is good news bucky310! I understand why you'd be excited, I feel the same way about a long awaited appointment of mine next month. It's like an extra ray of hope!
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Sadly it seems my work doesn't cover that service. So instead I've contacted a place nearby for therapy and will be submitting my intake forms to them today.

Just wish that other service didn't give me the runaround while they figured out what was going on. Felt like such wasted time. And something that they could have looked up in the first place.

Anyway, I digress. I have a solution incoming

Comment

Hi bucky310. I'm sorry to hear about the initial run around you had to deal with. Hopefully you'll hear back from the nearby place soon.
                        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

That sounds frustrating Bucky310. Not for lack of you trying though. I hope it doesn't take long for you to see someone else. I admire your persistence
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I have an appointment on Monday. I'm ready

Comment

Thanks for the update bucky310.
                              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                              X