Ketamine treatment for major depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ketamine treatment for major depression

Hi everyone this is my first time here and first post so please bare with me. I have been hearing with more frequency lately about positive results apparently in treating major depression with ketamine. I know very little on this topic and was wondering if I could possibly get some feedback and maybe some education here. If I'm in the wrong place I apologize but my depression is in desperation mode. I've been through thousands and thousands of dollars in different prescriptions. I've got nowhere to go from here..thank you
    Last edited by Chris; November 12, 2022, 07:55 AM.

I am on the east coast of Canada also and I would just really appreciate the advice of people who understand. I praise my doctors for their efforts however once you've been suffering as long as I have i begin to resite in my head what they are about to say from their books. Can anyone please help me out with this topic
    Last edited by Chris; November 12, 2022, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Hi Chris and welcome to the forums. Below is a link to the Toronto ketamine clinic. This might be a good place to start with science based information. Ketamine treatment for drug resistant depression is becoming a growing field. A lot has been learned about it over the last few years. It's place in treatment is an ongoing process.

Home Toronto Ketamine Clinic provides ketamine therapy for patients who have treatment resistant depression (TRD)
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Both psilocybin and ketamine are undergoing research and clinical trials and are at the cusp of breaking into mainstream treatment for depression. Longitudinal studies are usually required in order for Health Canada to approve these cutting edge treatments.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/first-of-its-k...uver-1.6134639 might be an interesting read on the mushroom front. Numinis Wellness out of Vancouver has been conducting research since 2020.

Saskatoon Saskatchewan has a ketamine clinic https://thelinden.ca/ but my psychiatrist said it's ridiculous expensive right now. Whenever drugs are still "new" or barely out of the research gate, they're prohibitively expensive.

I have treatment resistant depression. Over the years various anti-depressants seem to provide all the side effects with none of the relief. Therefore both ketamine and psilocybin are of great interest to me.

Healthy diet and exercise are crucial for me because I'm pre-diabetic (my dad and brother have diabetes) but I also notice a vast improvement in my mood when I stay on top of those two areas.

I hope you find some relief. It's a life long journey to find what works best and luckily we can share that journey here.

Comment

Hello Chris. I have no personal experience with ketamine, but want to welcome you to the forum.

I've met a few people who have been helped by ketamine. Unfortunately the program they were in was only limited to a few people. I don't know the status of it at this point. I may run into them one of these days, and if so I'll see what they know.

Meanwhile, AJ and Quito have posted some good info for a start; hopefully you gain a bit of knowledge from that.
          Last edited by uni; November 20, 2022, 04:33 PM.
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I am currently using ketamine for major depression - it's a nasal spray and it's cheap. It's also working. If you have other questions, let me know.

Comment

Working...
            X