Boxing Day .. We Made it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing Day .. We Made it

Well I think we should all pat ourselves on the back. We bought the prezzies, we wrapped them, we made our dishes and showed up at the family dinners. I didn’t dress up for either of my two suppers. Jeans and a bunny hug was all I managed.

My neighbour boy is shovelling my snow. What a sweetheart.

Tonight I go to my son’s dinner where he invites my brother-in-law and niece. I don’t like them much but I put on a good face for my son’s sake. My other son and his wife and baby can’t make it because they’re all sick with colds. This will make things exponentially more difficult for me.

Tonight I may experiment and, beyond season greetings, not initiate conversation or ask about them. Because they NEVER do that with me. I’ll be quiet and chat with my son, his wife and the two babies. And see how that feels. I’ll smile once in a while in their general direction and leave early. It’s a complicated situation but I have no more reserves for snooty cold people. I just have to get through one more. I can do this.

Yes Quito, we made it through Christmas Day and I hope you made it okay through Boxing Day too. It takes a whack load of energy sometimes
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
    X