Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More snow and car trouble

Just doing a little venting here!

I'm trying to look on the bright side but crapola anyway, we're getting snow and sleet and wind and it's well into April. I just knew the lack of a big blizzard in March was a little too good! Anyway, I know it won't last, and we have more daylight hours, cloudy or not. Unfortunately I had my winter tires switched over for summer last week, and when they did the routine checkup it turns out I need a new axle boot. Ticked me right off because I had it replaced not that long ago and although it's still under warranty I have to pay the labour. Sheesh! Nuff said for now
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Hey Uni. I saw your storm blowing in on the news. Ugh. Tough timing with the tire swap. I'm sorry to hear about your car troubles.

We have snow coming down here, but it’s nothing like what you’re getting.

Hang in there. Spring will come, I promise!

AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks AJ! You're so right, spring comes every year and it will this time too! We've gotten past the snowfall now, and the ground is starting to dry up. Today it's been raining and windy - in other words April - which is actually quite fine.

As for my car, it goes in tomorrow for fixing. I talked with the shop and they will use a different make of axle boot this time, one with a better track record hopefully. They all supposedly have a lifetime warranty so I have reason to be annoyed that it lasted only a year and a half, but I don't like the feeling of annoyance for too long so I'm mostly over it.

Looking forward to a little road trip to the big city in the near future and maybe get a new summer dress or something. I'm in the mood for that today but it could be fleeting, we'll see.....
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I’m glad to hear you’re getting rain instead of snow.

I would be annoyed with what sounds like a defective part to me. I hope you don’t have to pay for the replacement. At least I hope you get a break on the bill.
        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

A good thing - I did indeed get a break on the bill. And yesterday I was off to the big city with my car, but not to shop. I took a friend to a medical appointment, and we enjoyed the trip. Even ate hospital cafe food, and contrary to popular opinion it was pretty okay!
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I’m glad you got a break on the bill Uni,
            and had a good trip to the city.

My one good thing for the day is finally hauling all the garden hoses out. It’s a start anyway!
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

That last blast of winter gets me every time. It's really hard to deal with after months of winter. Hope you now have a good summer. We're getting a heat wave now. It's the province of extremes.

Comment

I hope you have a good summer too Quito
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                X