Experience with bupropion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experience with bupropion?

I was hoping for great things from bupropion- and I was feeling more energetic already after two weeks, but then I started getting dizzy spells and when I had my BP checked it had spiked to 180/110. I relaxed for a few minutes and it went down to 166/96 bug still way too high. So are there any other drugs that act the same way and might not spike BP? Doctor told me to stop the drug rather than taking BP medicine with it.

Is your doctor going to prescribe a different drug to treat depression? Or did she or he just say discontinue altogether?

Comment

Hi JMKane. Unfortunately Bupropion can cause high blood pressure in some people. Most often there would be a switch to a different medication. While there isn't another drug that works exactly like bupropion, there are many other drugs that can be helpful without the side effect for some people of an increase in blood pressure.

As Quito asked, is an alternative being prescribed?
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

They suggested Lexapro but I have to monitor the BP for a week or so first and I’m also tracking my weight to make sure I don’t gain back the weight that I lost in the two weeks that I was taking it

Comment

Ok. And how are you doing off the Bupropion?
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello JMKane. I just want to welcome you to the forum!

I wish I could help, but have no experience with bupropion or lexapro. I guess you really don't know what will work best until you try it. That's been my experience anyway. Please let us know how you make out; I wish you well.
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I've been using Bupropion for more than 11 years .. I take 2 pills of 150mg every morning .. proved to be good for me and I never had any blood pressure issues ..
              However .. that's not the first time for me to hear someone talk about blood pressure side effects caused by Bupropion .. unfortunately it's a matter of trial and error nowadays .. psychiatrists try medications on us and after that decide if it's good or not .. people are different and their bodies react in different ways to medication ..
              Last edited by Jafar the wizard; July 28, 2023, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X