Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The need for Self Care

Greetings

We are gradually approaching the winter. We may be staying mostly indoors after our essential activities outdoors! It is highly important that we look at our self-care plan. How are we going to take care of ourselves during this period?
    - We need to adopt regular exercises or visit the gym
    - We need to adopt good sleep patterns.
    - we stay in contact with people close to us
    - we need to reduce screen time.
    - we need good time management by scheduling our tasks to avoid tension and stress
    - break our task into smaller tasks
    - We will avoid using negative words.
    - We need to encourage ourselves by looking at our achievements and successes.
    - we need to remind ourselves that we are beautifully made, great, and unique.
    - we need to stay away from people that are not encouraging us.

what do you think? you can add your own strategies, let us learn from each other.

We can be kind to ourselves and give ourselves permission to strive for better, without making unrealistic expectations of ourselves.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate the great reminders! For me, sleep makes a difference. I'm posting this at 3:40 a.m. Sometimes for no apparent reason I just can't sleep and that has happened tonight so I came on here for a little while. I don't usually do screen time in the night but I'm away from home so don't have my books.
      Anyway, agreed that self care is a necessity to try and stay sane. Not that easy, and can be time consuming but the alternative is not to take care and that doesn't work well in the long run.
      And now good nigot and may you have a good morning
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Just re-read my previous post and started to laugh at "good nigot" - it just struck me funny
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

It never hurts to enjoy a good ha ha moment.
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
          X