New psychiatrist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New psychiatrist

Well, after only (haha) nine months on the waiting list after my psychiatrist quit practicing, my turn came. I've met the new one, and after the initial appointment I feel hopeful that we can work alright together. We were in agreement regarding a medication alteration, and so far that's gone well. Fingers crossed things are still going okay at my next appointment in three months time.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Amazing uni! So happy to hear that you've been matched with a new psychiatrist, it seems like the wait times are getting longer and longer nowadays! Hope the transition continues smoothly

Comment

Thank you sandy11. I'd been told the wait list was a year long, so I guess I got lucky. Meanwhile, my G.P. did what he could but is the first to admit he's no psychiatrist. I appreciate him all the same
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I'm glad this is working out for you. I only get psych students when I'm referred to my psychiatrist. They're too busy and our health care system doesn't have budget for more of them.

Comment

Quito, I haven't heard of anyone being referred to psych students where I live, but then again we have no medical school so perhaps that's why. Do you find them very knowledgeable or helpful? I suppose you're not given the same one twice.

Some people here do end up driving to more populated centres to access a psychiatrist. I wasn't willing to do that, especially in the winter. Anyway, I feel most fortunate to have finally found a new one. I really hope he and I continue to be on the same page with my treatment as time goes by. So far, so good.
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
          X