Here comes the light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here comes the light

Fall is technically here, for better or for worse. It means I'll be starting to use my SAD light as of October 1st

Anyone want to join me? Well, not physically, although that would be nice, but just to know I have company. Maybe we could sit and have tea/coffee at our respective homes at the same time every morning! Just had that thought now. Anybody up for it?
    Last edited by uni; September 21, 2011, 02:11 PM. Reason: Added sunspecs. Remind me of sunshine. Plus, they keep the paparazzi away.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

I need that light too. I could be there some days. I aim for 7 ish tho I was told between 6 and 7 was better. Coffee and internet yes t hats a cool idea..

Comment

I'm thinking of investing in one of those lights.
      Maybe after my move.
      Rebecca

Comment

I have mine Uni - I think I will have to use it too Gah I hate this - the idea of being cold again makes me feel so crappy....
        "You often meet your destiny on the road you've taken to avoid it."

Comment

Hello Uni. Sounds good to me. I usually have coffee around 7am which I believe is 5 am your time. How about we start Saturday Morning. Take Care. paul m

Hello All. Sorry I couldn't resist. It is a good subject and I too suffer from the effects of the fall. Part of that is my own fault, because rather than bundle up and get outside before the days get really short I tend to stay inside. While not the whole answer even shorter amounts of sunlight can have a beneficial affect. Take Care. paul m

Hello Sweetest1. Did I miss something? Quit possible of course that I did, but are you moving? If you are, are you looking forward to it? Take Care. paul m
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

I am moving because we had a water leak in our storage room which caused a lot of black mould and our landlord refuses to fix it.

I am happy and stressed about the move. We take possession of our new place Oct 15 and don't have to be out of here until Oct 31, so we have a long time over which to move which at least helps make it less stressful. We'll do most of the boxes ourselves and have movers come for the furniture.

My new place is a little more expensive but has a lot of pluses like in suite laundry, a second bathroom, a balcony of the master bedroom, and a hot tub in the back yard.

Both places are townhouses.

I'm moving exactly one block, so my daughter will get to stay in the same school, which I'm happy about.

I think that's it, sorry for hijacking the thread! lol!
            Rebecca

Comment

Sounds like the new home is nice, Rebecca. I hope you enjoy it!

astronaut

p.s. that is great that your daughter doesn't have to change schools either. Bonus!

Comment

Wow, Rebecca, I love those pluses! It sounds exciting, and I'm glad to hear you get to move in gradually so it's less stress.

Out of curiosity, and because I'm a fan of windows (grew up in a house without much sunlight) , does your new place have many?
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

yeah it has lots, and we're North/South facing there where as we are East/West facing here. So that's better I think
                  Rebecca

Comment

South is especially nice for lots of daylight. Especially in the winter.
                    Last edited by uni; September 26, 2011, 07:43 PM. Reason: lost my sense of direction
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Rebecca. I hope that your move goes smoothly. I always hate it when I have to move. Take Care. paul m
                      "Alone we can do so little;
                      Together we can do so much"
                      Helen Keller

Comment

Yeah, now that you say that, south is a good way to face for the sunlight. My new bedroom faces south and it is always boiling in here...

astronaut

Comment

Nothing like a South facing room on a cold February day...

Comment

Working...
                          X