9:30 a.m. Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9:30 a.m. Saturday

To anybody interested... I am going to begin using my SAD light at 9:30 a.m. this Saturday, October 1. (Any earlier in the morning and I may not do it, because I'm not exactly an early bird. I hope to be able to ease into an earlier time gradually though.)

So here's the deal. If anybody else's time zone works for them to join me, it would be nice to have (virtual) company on cold winter mornings. Maybe we could even have coffee together I will likely skip Sundays, though, when visiting my boyfriend. Other days, it will be 9:30.

This invitation is extended to any lurkers as well - feel free to join in!

So, be there or be square...or be elsewhere
    Last edited by uni; September 27, 2011, 01:47 AM. Reason: added some stuff
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

I just realized that I forgot to mention I live in Saskatchewan, which is in the Central Time Zone. And because we are rebels and hate being told what to do, we don't switch back and forth from daylight savings time. And we aren't the only ones, guys - Arizona is just as rebellious! It's a tough job, but somebody has to take a stand, because (admit it) we know the rest of the world has it all wrong
    Last edited by uni; September 27, 2011, 01:48 AM. Reason: rebelling
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. I will be thinking of you while I have my morning coffee about that time(7.30 am here) as I am up most days then.

Actually I just thought people in Sask. could't remember when to adjust their clocks and just said to heck with it after a few years of being late or early for everything. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Great idea Uni!

I'll be sure to join you on the 1st if:

a) I can figure out the time difference (I'm sure Google can help...)
        b) Its a sunny day (as I don't have a light box)

Looking forward to the virtual coffee break!
        Kaight

Comment

Good idea Uni!

I'll be thinking about you guys but I'll likely be out running at that point in my time zone. I don't have a
          SAD light either, Kaight.

astronaut

Comment

That's about the time I walk my daughter to school, I think. So I'll just have to hope that it's sunny out!
            And not that darn liquid sunshine either!
            Rebecca

Comment

I'll join when it's possible for me here in Ontario. sounds fun

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging replies! I'm looking forward to getting the party started
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Ok, the party has started

Today I begin with 10 minutes, do that for a week, then 20 minutes, then 30. After that, if I think I need it I can up the time to as much as an hour. I'm using my old-style tube-type light. I have my sister's new little tiny one to try out yet. Unfortunately I didn't know you had to charge the battery first.

I hope everybody has a bit of sunlight to enjoy today. Catch you later!
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

it's cloudy and icky here, but I thought of you when I made my tea!
                    Rebecca

Comment

Man, I missed out on this one. I forget what I was doing... I think I slept in because I had a late night before.
                      I hope it helped you feel cheery!

astronaut

Comment

An update...well, Saturday morning I enjoyed the light for 10 minutes. Sunday, instead of the light I sat by the window with my boyfriend. Monday I had trouble waking up so I did the light for 10 minutes at 10:30. Today (Tuesday) I slept right through my alarm - the deepest sleep I've had in many months for some reason - maybe because It was very cool in the bedroom and I was under a heavier comforter (much better that the heat of summer).

I didn't get going until about 11:30. I'm not sure whether that's too late to do the light or not. I decided not to, but now wish I had. But this time, at least, the sleep was totally worth it. I want to get up at a more reasonable time tomorrow, though, if I can. And that's today's traffic report.

Sweetest - thank you for thinking of me! Astronaut - glad you got some sleep!
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Me again. I'm still sitting in front of the light for 10 minutes each morning. I will up it to 20 minutes next week. However, I've changed the time to between 10 and 11 o'clock, because I'm having trouble going to bed early and therefore am sleeping in. So to anybody joining me (if there is anybody) I apologize!

I know it' not ideal, and I'll keep trying to get my waking hours to an earlier time, but I know it's harder to do that than to move them to a later time - circadian rhythms and all.

I'd love to get up no later than 9 am, because I really like when that happens - after a decent sleep, that is, but not if I'm dragging my butt and grouchy and dazed.

Any suggestions on how to get into an earlier sleep/wake cycle? What I'm doing obviously isn't working.
                          Last edited by uni; October 6, 2011, 02:25 PM. Reason: repeating self. repeating self
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

sometimes you just have to set the alarm and be dazed and groggy for one day then go to bed early in order to reset. So I say, set the alarm for 9 and do your light box right away so you won't be kept up at night, then go to bed earlier that night.
                            Rebecca

Comment

I will when I can but I am in Ont and am supposed to hit the beach(light) at 7 (ish!).
                              so it must be 11 am there?

Comment

Working...
                              X