the sunny (haha) prairies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the sunny (haha) prairies

What a spring, and now summer. Wet and clouds all over the weather channel. Even tornados.

However, I continue to love it, which is very strange. I am really beginning to think that keeping up with my SAD light this time of year makes a difference. Or maybe it's that the sun comes out in between rain showers. Whatever the cause, I just appreciate every day that I feel decent .

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Hello Uni. We have had a miserable spring(summer) too and it is affecting my moods. I am having more trouble staying motivated than I usually do in the summer.

Summer is when I do the things I should do all year round(eat more salads, less fats, exercise more and get more daylight). But when it is raining or cold all of the time it's easy for me to spend too much time in bed or reading or eating. While I am not too bad of spirits right now, I know that will change if I do not get off of my butt and get motivated.

I always appreciate any day that I don't feel lousy. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

How about this motivation plan I just thought up: if Paul will get off his butt, then Uni will get off hers! You can go first...

But I'm only half joking here. Will let you know tomorrow whether I got off mine .

p.s. what kind of stuff do you read?
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. That's not really fair. I have much more to move. In regards to what I read, it's usually simplier to put down what I don't read.

Actually I am meeting Re-O tonight so I am a bit pressed for time. However I will update my reading list a bit latter(if I get off of my butt).

In the meantime have a good weekend. It's supposed to be hot here, so we have several picnics planned. Take Care. paul m
        Helen Keller

Comment

~calls Toronto, Ontario and RCMP to make sure all securities precaution are in place for the Paul M and Re-O Summit.
          HAY ... TURN OFF THE TAPS ON THE FAKE LAKE IN THE WASHROOM THATS ENOUGH WATER !!!
          Woody

Comment

Woody .

Paul, I'd say that going out to meet Re-O qualifies as getting off your butt . I sorta got off mine by doing a bit of housework, but not much, although I did go babysit a friend's son (translate: we watched the Spongebob movie ). I hope you enjoy your picnics!

p.s. It stormed like the dickens here again yesterday and knocked down trees all over town. And the summer continues... Looks hot today though.
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I was a the open matinée of Toy Story 3
              Woody

Comment

Right on, Mr. Movie Star! What did you think of it? I hope you went in disguise in order to avoid the the hoards of fans, not to mention the paparazzi !
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Ha! You are the whole reason for the Toy Story series. Don't sell yourself short! btw, I'm glad you got your hat back in #3. You had quite a hat head.
                  Wishing you well,
                  Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

No summit meeting, but we sure do discuss a lot in a little time when we are together. Police cars do tend to circle when we are standing around waiting for Re-O's bus, but I thought that was just because we meet at a Timmies.

On the way there I passed a movie theatre with Toy Story up in bright lights, No stars names were given though. Perhaps certain unnamed people are already famous enough.

Housework, I'm not sure which is worse, having to housework or storms. Although I was up doing dishes at 7am this morning, which was pretty weird(for me), but I wanted to get them done so I could go back to bed for a while AFTER my wife left for work. (and before we went for a picnic). Take Care All. paul m
                    Helen Keller

Comment

The only thing worse than hat hair is TUCK hair!

Glad you had a good get together

Notice I did not mention CSIS? Well that was done on purpose. They would have just blab it all over the CBC. But then do you blame them, the CBC interviewers are skilled interrogators including various forms of torture...

Woody

Comment

What in the world is TUCK hair Woody?

And who are you trying to bribe with the donuts, CSIS or the CBC? Personally I would choose the CBC; they have more power .
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

oops Tuck is not the English translation for Tuque
                          Woody

Comment

Oh, tuque hair! Thanks for clearing that up. I totally know what you mean there.

This morning I go back to work after 2 weeks off. And I feel really icky and have a rock in my stomach . I know this will pass, but right now I hate it. By tonight I'll no doubt be fine, but mornings like this I feel lonely and sad and a bit overwhelmed, actually. I just needed to tell somebody and can't think of anybody to phone about it. Writing it here helps though. That's all. Thanks for reading. Catch you later when I'm more upbeat.
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Uni,
                              By now I'm sure you are at work. I hope it is going okay for you.
                              I completely understand the rock in the stomache, and overwhelmed feeling with work.

Myself, I'm off until at least Dec. 7 - and I'm really not sure about going back at this point - which has me full of anxiety. But I don't need to make any decisions today.

I hope by the time you read this you are feeling good about your work again.
                              Stormy
                              Stormy

Comment

Working...
                              X