Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's how I learn best, trial and error. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

some concern

I have some concerns about Uni's facebook question. I would hate to have my name being made public simply because most ppl do not understand mental illness and the stigma. I am not nor have never been a facebook member. I do not really understand your predicament Uni, but I sure hope you are not saying that by registering on this site we are automatically registered as Fans of this site by Facebook???
      Good friends are like stars, you don't always see them but you know they are always there.
      BPII, DiValproex, Cipralex, Xanax

Comment

hi Froggie,
        I was on facebook when I joined this message board, and no, it does not automatically register you as a fan. it's something that you have to click on within facebook.

Anne.
        Anne.

Comment

There is more to the Mood Disorders Society of Canada then the just the forum.

"The Mood Disorders Society of Canada (MDSC) is a national, not for profit, consumer driven, voluntary health charity committed to ensuring that the voice of consumers, family members and caregivers is heard on issues relating to mental health and mental illness and in particular with regard to depression, bipolar illness and other associated mood disorders.

MDSC was formally launched and incorporated in 2001 with the overall objective to provide people with mood disorders with a strong, cohesive voice at the national level to improve access to treatment, inform research, shape program development and government policies to improve the quality of life for people affected by mood disorders."

There is a listing(adv) on Facebook for the Mood Disorders Society of Canada but there is in no way an exchange of membership or membership information. We and Facebook are two independent identities.
          Woody

Comment

Just search for "Mood Disorders Society of Canada". You then press become a fan.

Then again maybe you guys know that and I'm the confused one. I tend to say something off topic, even thinking it is on topic.
            "I feel myself slipping once again, I know whats to come now, I've been here before.
            loneliness and despair, just me and my thoughts, my private struggle..." - Chris Foster

Comment

welcome Heather!

no, you're not confused... you're absolutely right about that!
              if you read through some of the threads, you'll see that sometimes great topics start by someone saying something that may seem off the topic.

Anne.
              Anne.

Comment

Haha, I was on the older site too, I remember going super badly off topic in my thread myself.

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't been on the site, actively, in over a year. I logged on and messaged people but that's really all.
                "I feel myself slipping once again, I know whats to come now, I've been here before.
                loneliness and despair, just me and my thoughts, my private struggle..." - Chris Foster

Comment

then allow me to rephrase that to welcome back Heather!
                  Anne.

Comment

And I get to say thanks again!

Comment

Nice to see you posting again Heather
                      Woody

Comment

Welcome back Heather.
                        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                        for not being what they believe they should be.
                        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi Heather, good to meet you!
                          Thanks for clearing that up about facebook. I was confused. And thanks to you too Anne.
                          Ha ha ha.... i go badly off topic on tangents all the time. Even in regular conversation. I get some funny looks. So for me, if you go off topic, I will feel very comfortable with that LOL
                          Good friends are like stars, you don't always see them but you know they are always there.
                          BPII, DiValproex, Cipralex, Xanax

Comment

Working...
                          X