Announcement

Collapse

**** Read Before You Post ****

Before you enter your description, please select the right prefix the best describes your post so that other members can make an informed decision about whether or not to your open your thread.
See more
See less

major issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KRAFT DINNER!!!

I miss that. Now, I must have some. Yes, it's 2am but when it's on my mind, I can't ignore it or I'll lie in bed thinking about it all night. I have some in the house too!

And yes, blaming stuff on your meds is perfectly acceptable, especially lithium. I have been on mine for a while but everytime I am a klutz and drop something it's lithiums fault. I haven't gained wieght from it I don't think. (cept I hit several keys at once now with my pudgy fingers. Just kidding thats seroquel's fault)

ooooOOo I think I have ham I can chop up to put in the kraft dinner.

Gotta go!
    Wishing you well,
    Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

I make the home made macaroni and cheese, even worse...Sometimes, I cook bacon and put that in with the macaroni and cheese before i bake it in the oven...mmmmmmm...with bread crumbs on top.

Geez, anyone got any tasty healthy recipes?

p.s. Comfort foods are still o.k. every now and then
      Take Care,
      Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
      "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

what have I started with this thread?? I'm getting hungrier by the second...

my weakness when I'm really down is chips and chocolate... in the same time.

Anne.
        Anne.

Comment

Comfort foods definitely have their moments, no doubt about it. I could make a list but will restrain myself. For now.

Here, Atlantis, is a tasty healthy recipe: I go to Wendy's and buy a Mandarin Orange Salad. Unfortunately the price keeps going up. I may have to resort to making my own. Ditto with the Martha's Vineyard salad at Arby's. So those are the recipes.

In truth I rarely go to fast food places. Strangely enough I don't care for most of their stuff since dealing with cholesterol. Just lost my taste for so much fat and salt.

Here's an actual sort of made-up recipe of mine:

Get some fresh or frozen fish, like cod or talapia or pickerel or pike or whatever, and smother it in some old-style whole grain mustard (tart and tasty), then bake it in the oven for a little while (don't know the temp or time, sorry) until it's just cooked but not overcooked. El yummo, yummo, yummo! One of my favorite things in the summer with fresh local fish.

I see in re-reading this what a vague bunch of instructions that is. Oh well. That's my recipe and I'm sticking to it.
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Uni I did wait for the Pizza to be cooked but did not wait the full 20 min to cool down before eating

Paul breakfast are a little late as of late ... closer to noon more than anything.

Atlantis, that sound like the macaroni my mother use to make. A big casserole with heaps of melted cheese and she did not put crumbs on but squares of buttered toasts. The idea was suppose to be one square per serving but that never worked out so well! LOL
            Woody

Comment

I find since I stopped drinking pop I started eating heathier, alot of unhealthy food, especially deep fried foods do not taste the same when you have to eat them with a big glass of water instead of a nice glass of pepsi, but this is a good thing...

I love fish too, of course i would being from Nl. Especially cod!

Uni, mandarin orange is so good on a salad, so is trail mix, just try and find a healthy trail mix. Oh and those minature whole tomatoes, mmmmm. Oh, and strawberries too..
              Last edited by Atlantis; April 14, 2010, 05:15 AM.
              Take Care,
              Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...

Comment

I love those mini tomatoes too Atlantis. However, they can become deadly missiles when speared with a fork. Ack!

Anne, this thread seems to have taken on a life of its own... Getting back to the addiction issue, I too wonder whether I might have one. I turn to food mainly when lonely or tired. I've never done drugs (inhaled others' only) or drunk a lot of alcohol, but I suspect the triggers may be similar. (Last night it was popcorn. Tired.) But this strikes me as different from hunger induced by meds.

Does anyone here go through phases where you go after one particular food for weeks or months, and then don't want it again for ages? This has happened all my life.
                Last edited by uni; April 14, 2010, 02:20 PM. Reason: add med comment
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Kind of Uni... I have this tendency to make things in big batches or if something is on special, I will load up. And then I am good for a while again.

In a all honesty, I should be asking my Pdoc to put me on an additional AD right now then I would not revert to eating as a coping mechanism. Like last night (you do no need a prescription for patato chips) but I keep hopping things will swing around. I have tons of popcorn but it is like I need to have something that has been fried.... Pdoc's appointment is on next week ... will see.
                  Woody

Comment

Does anyone here go through phases where you go after one particular food for weeks or months, and then don't want it again for ages? This has happened all my life.
                    Absolutely! Especially with what snacks I take to work.
                    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                    for not being what they believe they should be.
                    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Uni. Sure do. Sometimes it's peanuts I crave and sometimes we'll have popcorn on a regular basis for wks and then stop for 6 mths.

When I was really, really broke instead of just being poor, I would crave fast foods. I mean really crave, intenesly. I presume this was a psychological reaction to my not being able to afford a pizza or KFC once in a while. Take Care. paul m
                      "Alone we can do so little;
                      Together we can do so much"
                      Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by uni View Post
                        This has happened all my life too...It is not as bad now since I am meds, but i often ate the exact same foods everyday, sometimes for months at a time, some of the foods i can't even eat anymore because i am that sick of them.

My days had become so blah, i had lost all interest in life so I used my meals as a reward for getting up and going to work and basically living life. Breakfast at Tim Hortons got me out of the house in the morning, I ordered the exact same thing for about 8 months, the girls that worked there would see me come into the store and just start to get my order ready before i even ordered it

But i am trying different foods now and my moods are not so dependent on my foods anymore!

For the most part my meds are doing their job to stabilize my moods , so i can just eat food to nourish my body, not to self medicate my mood disorder....

Although, I still think comfort food is a good thing every now and then. , and it sure puts me in a good mood!
                        Take Care,
                        Karen

Comment

Working...
                        X