Stability (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stability (?)

I found this saying in an article I read... and I thought the description was fitting:

"Stability is a place that bipolar people visit. None of us actually live there."

Anne.
    Anne.

Hello Anne. I was tempted to ask what stability was, But I did not not want to be thought of as sarcastic. Actually I will have to rememer that little saying as it does really apply, to me anyways. Thx and Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

I think there is a kind of fluid transformation or metamorphosis to our illness.
      Woody

Comment

Kind of like being in the woods, pitching a tent and building a campfire. Up at first light, put out the fire, or what's left of it, pack up the tent, and off you go.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello AJ. I agree pretty much with you, except on my way back from the woods I find that somebody has moved where I came from or at least I have trouble finding where I want to go. Take Care. paul m P.S. please no offers to tell me where to go, enough people do that now
          Helen Keller

Comment

Tee hee... you sucked the fun right out of it!!

Anne.
            Anne.

Comment

Compass anyone? Now was that left or right?
              AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
              for not being what they believe they should be.
              -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello AJ. Now you want me to take directions! What kind of guy do you think I am? Better to be lost, than to admit there is something I don't know. Actually after being married for 32 yrs I take directions pretty good. Take Care. paul m

Hello Anne. OK, if all that it takes to give you a little fun is to tell me where to go, please go ahead. It will be my good deed for the day, besides I always like to please a lady . Take Care. paul m
                Helen Keller

Comment

Nah... it's no fun if you're waiting for it... :P
                  I remember when my sister and I were young and we'd go visit family... every time we went to the Eastern Townships, at exactly the same spot, my parents would argue about which exit we needed to take. You can well imagine that my mom was right and my dad was grumbling. hehehehe...
                  I always wondered why it was such an issue to ask for directions!

Anne.
                  Anne.

Comment

Hello Anne. Re-directions. Men are born knowing everything and it goes against our basic instincts to read instruction manuels, ask directions or to ask how to do several other important things .

Women on the other hand are born wiser and smarter than men in most matters, however they tend to make lousy choices. How else would you explain that I picked a wonderful woman to marry and she picked me, talk about bad taste. Take Care. paul m
                    Helen Keller

Comment

Hi All! More like pitching a tent in Northern Ontario, and the next morning finding myself somewhere in the woods on the East Coast. The NEXT morning, finding myself back in Northern Ontario. The NEXT morning, finding myself somewhere on the West Coast - the trees, ground, sky, etc all look the same, but I'm actually in a different location, so the way I knew to go in and out doesn't apply - I have to forge a new path every morning and the only things that remain consistent are my coffee and my smoke outside my tent before I have to pack it all up and lug it with me AGAIN and travel on a path I'm not familiar with - I think it was Anne who said something about being at work and her boss asking her to do a task she'd been doing for a long time and that particular morning, all she could do was give a blank stare back at her boss because she couldn't remember how to do what was supposedly so familiar...... sigh.... TTFN

Comment

Yes, it was me who said that about the task... and I got "the look" for being clueless!
                        Still on Thursday I was standing near her desk waiting for someone else, and she looked at me and said "you look lost"... now what do you answer to that! lol

Anne.
                        Anne.

Comment

Men are born knowing everything... that explains a lot! :P
                          My dad always said he was perfect, and my natural reaction was the answer yeah dad... you're perfectly WRONG!
                          (I can be a bit of a snippy chickie!! Tee hee...)
                          Anne.

Comment

I usually know where I am going before I leave, but that is a me thing and I have no problems asking for direction.

When you drive with 24ft behind you, a u turn is not always doable

Oh Anne ... how about this holiday favourite. We made it in 18:10 minutes! Thats 20 minutes better than last year! Meanwhile everyone is sitting cross legged and a little on the blue tinge.

Linda, this switching happen a lot?
                            Woody

Comment

Hello Linda. I gotta agree. Sometimes though I've even had to find a new tent when I got asked to leave my old one and that's really confusing. Take Care. paul m
                              Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                              X