No announcement yet.

Stability (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep... I guess after this week, I proved myself right. stability is not somewhere I live. at least not yet!
    Anne.

Comment

Anne, you had a setback, thats it
      You were doing quiet well until your iron levels tanked ... no?
      Maybe once that is resolved, then you can go back on some of the meds that made you feel better
      Woody

Comment

my doctor assumed it was my iron that had taken a nose dive... I only got the blood tests done yesterday for that (a week after she gave me the iron). I'm contemplating stopping them, as they didn't make me feel better.
        Anne.

Comment

You won't 'feel better' for a while if your levels are low. Why not wait until the blood work comes back, since you've already started? Usually test results like a CBC are in within a day or two the most. I'm surprised she didn't do the test before she started you on the iron.
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I think AJ is right Anne, I would wait for the results of the tests come back. I know things are probably going no where near as fast as you would like them to be, but you have to be patient and let things take its coarse.
            Woody

Comment

I don't know how to answer that, honestly - does it happen a lot? All I know is that I have this sensation of being confident and absolutely knowing what needs to be done and then it all just..... changes...... Like being in Grade 5 or 6 and offering to take something that our teacher needed delivered to the office of the middle school that was connected to ours (I went from Jr K'garten to Grade 8 in one location) I KNEW where that office was, been there before, KNEW how to get there, no PROB!!!!!! In shame I returned to the classroom only to admit I just simply could not find it.... It just...... disappeared..... Things just do that..... They just...... disappear on me..... They are there one moment and POOF just simply..... gone the next..... TTFN

Comment

Linda, You know as much as I do that I am not a doctor, but what you are describing could be symptoms of a dissociative disorder. You might want to talk about it with your pdoc.
                Woody

Comment

Hello Linda. Woody's right about asking your Doc.

The mind can be pretty strange. My wife is pretty normal but she cannot tell right from left. When somebody sez to go left she has to look and see what hand her wedding ring is on (that's why she has not divorced me yet, she would be lost LOL) . She also cannot remember how to write the letters P or S (ever). If writiing a letter she must stop, concentrate and visualize them before continuing.

She has never talked to a doc because it no real disablity, but it does illustrate how many unexplained things can happen to us. Things that can leave us confused and embarased even though they are not our fault.(no I do not switch her rings around while she is asleep just for a laugh). Take Care. paul m
                  "Alone we can do so little;
                  Together we can do so much"
                  Helen Keller

Comment

Disociative disorder? I'll take a look on the net to see what I can come up with as a comprehensive definition - I just figured it was more due to being female than anything else - being in the "hormone zone" (as I call it!) before I knew it - being fogged with going through the menstrual thing before I realized it was happening. It's been scientifically proven that women retain water (bloat) at "that time of the month" and we literally have fluid on the brain as well - no parts of our bodies are immune - when there's a chronic chemical imbalance going on to begin with, going through "hormone hell" doesn't help at all! sigh TTFN

Comment

I find the premonstrual phase the worst.
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I have that left/right "disorder". I've lived in Vancouver long enough now that I write directions for myself using North (mountains), South (no mountains), West (ocean), and East (no ocean). Much easier for me.

We have been having absolutely terrific weather here which has really helped me. I am actually getting a chance to visit "stability" for a change! Wow...this is what "baseline" feels like. I have been refusing to tell my pdoc how I feel "compared to" (something good) because I had forgotten what (something good) felt like. I'm still struggling with ups and downs but at least I can say "today was a good day" and mean it!!

Comment

Hello VillaStrayLight. Good to hear that your doing better. Take Care. paul m
                          "Alone we can do so little;
                          Together we can do so much"
                          Helen Keller

Comment

Left right up or down. They're the only directions I understand.
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

That is good new Villa!

Sometime the journey is more important then the destination
                              Woody

Comment

Yeah. It's nice to actually enjoy things instead of having to tell myself that I'm enjoying them!

Comment

Working...
                                X