No announcement yet.

The Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much AJ and Paul. You are two of the most caring people I've met; oh wait a minute, we haven't exactly met but that phrase just came out anyway, so that says something too.

Paul, I hadn't heard about the excessive phoning and mania. I don't generally overdo it, or else people are just too nice to say so. As far as cyber chatting goes, I have no idea how, or whether my computer is equipped to do it, or even what MSN means. The idea sounds intriguing though, so if anyone on the forums can enlighten me please do so.

Emails are something I might do more of. I am growing more comfortable with them. Actual phoning, well, I couldn't be trusted not to do it, and then we would be talking stroke.

Have a good weekend everybody, I hope to connect again before it's over.
    Last edited by uni; March 20, 2010, 02:52 PM. Reason: spell in-tree-ging
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Originally posted by paul m View Post
      Did you know that excessive talking on the phone can be a sign of mania?
      I am sure that during the start of my episode several weeks ago, when i was manic, after I was too high/sick to leave the house or to even go to work, I was on my laptop on this forum almost day and night, posting all the time...

But it helped get me through the madness and as far as manic behaviours go, it is much safer and much cheaper

I will have to re-read many of my posts, my memories over the past few weeks are all jumbled up..

Uni, if you feel bored, just start posting, there are lots of threads, and people are very happy to see a response to their post when they log in,
      and don't be so silly, everything you say is ALWAYS interesting

Oh, and if you get tired of talking to us, try going for a walk, or watching a good movie, or taking a drive to Tims and then enjoy your coffee at a place with some beautiful scenery, maybe take a nice book and read a chapter, and then come home and post and tell us all about your nice day.
      Last edited by Atlantis; March 20, 2010, 06:49 PM.
      Take Care,
      Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
      "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Hello Uni. I misphrased the telephone part. A good shrink, when looking to see if their patient is becoming manic will examine all parts of their behaviour. Many people who are heading towards mania become increasingly social active, seeking others to converse with etc. So it is more of a tool for a shrink to use, than a symptom. Many people with mania will also make expensive long distance calls , not worrying about them until the bill comes in.

Conversely some people as they become depressed will use the phone more. I used to have some huge phone bills when manic. I never talked on the phone when depressed.

MSN (and somebody correct me if I'm wrong) is used a lot for instant messanger. (IM). IM is like instant emails. You send a message and the other person sents one back once they think of a reply. It usually would go like. " Hi Uni how are you today" (send), "I'm just fine Paul, what about yourself" (send) and so on and a fairly rapid free conversation takes place.

I cannot tell you if your computor will handle it or not. Most modern computers will if they have the memory to down load the initial application. If my old comuter will handle it, most will. Ask, somebody who knows computers, they will be able to help you in a flash(calling Woody)

Couldn't be trusted not to phone!! The whole point of exchanging phone #s is to phone. When my son was ill and we had to call during the day and often wait long periods while somebody found him(in Ontario psych patients are only allowed to use a pay phone for in coming and out going calls. we got a decent long distance plan. So I use up the minutes calling all over Ontario and one guy who used to come to our group lives in Edmonton and we exchange calls. . Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Good morning at 2 AM everyone. Glad I can be of help Uni. How are you doing today?
          Last edited by AJ; March 21, 2010, 11:55 AM.
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi Uni,

My last post, I made some suggestions for when you are feeling bored without really thinking that it could be a little more than boredom,
            i am very sorry if i seemed to minimize your situation.

All of the suggetions i made, would not of been of any use to me during my episode as I could not drive, could barely walk beacuse I was so unsteady, and couldn't read.

But it will get better, I am going back to work Monday, for the mornings and hopefully if that goes well I'll get back to work full time soon.
            Everyday, my moods are more stable.

Hang in there, and let us know how you are doing.
            Take Care,
            Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...

Comment

Hello, I'm back here after a weekend which had several people in it who took my attention away from feeling sad or lonely much of the time.

Thanks a milliony everybody, for your messages which bring smiles to my face and a lift to my spirits. I think springtime, possibly a medication issue, and a few other glitches thrown in have added up to a bit of a straw pile. Sometimes just an added one or two can tip the balance.

I hope you have a good day at work Atlantis, and AJ I hope you will be able to sleeping when 2 am rolls around tonight.

I would dearly love to write more but time is short this morning, so have a good day whoever reads this, and I'll catch you later.

P.S. - a milliony? Think I'll leave that word because it strikes me funny somehow.
              Last edited by uni; March 22, 2010, 01:13 PM.
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Uni,
                I am glad you had a nice weekend and are feeling a little better and I'm glad you left milliony in because it made me giggle, thanks!

It was nice to go back to work today, a little overwhelming but still nice to get back to normal life stuff.

TTYL,
                Take Care,
                Karen

Comment

Hello Karen. I'm thinking of you back on the job, and hoping things continue to go well.

Just want to mention that I've taken some of the advice here and done a bit more emailing, which does lift the a.m. loneliness somewhat. As for talking on the phone, I'm one of those people who tends not to make calls when depressed, however I try to pick up the phone at least once a day and phone a positive person. I say try to; right now some days I do and some days I don't.

I have a friend with a sixth sense who phoned me on Sunday because I kept popping into her head. We met at a depression support group many years ago and only have sporadic contact due to our life situations, but have no trouble talking, and it means a lot that she phoned.

I mean it about the sixth sense. I believe some people are good at picking up vibes or whatever you want to call it.
                  Last edited by uni; March 24, 2010, 02:14 PM. Reason: took out some stuff that was boring even to me
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. Thx for sharing. In regards to sixth sense, I wouldn't disagree with you on that. I've seen some pretty strange coinidences. Take Care. paul m
                    "Alone we can do so little;
                    Together we can do so much"
                    Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                    X