Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember the rule. Covid calories don’t count. Of course that’s only true until they do. I think the exercise involved in cookie making and clean up would take into account most of those calories.

Enjoy!
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Haha! I like the way you think. Today I bought groceries, including supplies for for baking. This may be a slippery slope Just getting out and going for groceries was a treat! So that's today's good thing.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I hope you enjoyed the cookies. Always good to try something new.

Mocha231

Comment

I enjoyed the cookies so much I'm going to make another batch, this time using red velvet cake mix. If they're too good for my own good, I have a friend with two teenagers I'm sure will eat some!

Today's good thing: I heard some interesting family stories while on a phone call with my older siblings.

One anecdote involved me as a toddler (I won't share the ones about them on the internet lol). We lived in a place with no running water, and the weather was freezing. My mom, likely preparing to wash clothes, had an aluminum tub full of ice water in the house, partially melted. . Because the surface was solid ice I decided it was a good place to sit. Of course I ended up in the drink, clothes and all! Too bad I can't remember! That, among other stories I hadn't heard before, made my day
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

It's always interesting to a hear a childhood story about yourself that you haven't heard before. I have a picture of you in that story, and it's worthy of a big smile.
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

In the interest of getting myself to initiate more connection with those in my life, I texted a cousin of mine I haven't seen for quite a while. Whenever the covid stuff settles down we're going to get together for coffee. I'm looking forward to it!
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Good for you for reaching out Uni. You have something to look forward to!
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

A good thing is I switched some of my furniture around, and now get more light from the windows while writing or computing
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

More light is always a good thing.
                    AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

A good thing is that the nature trails near my area are finally clear of mud/snow! I can go for more walks now
                      "Even the moon passes through phases to return to full" - ☾*✲⋆.*✲⋆

Comment

I hike all year round and at the end of March the cross country skiing is done. More trails for us hikers!
                        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

It's a good thing I've been walking for an hour or more every day lately, because there's a snowstorm forecast starting tomorrow morning. Gotta love springtime Another good thing today -- I had a great Skype call with a friend while we drank tea
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

One good thing is that we were fortunate enough not to have to evacuate, in spite of the huge grass fires in our area. I hope those who did are safe at home now.
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Wow, yeah I saw something in the news about it. Thank goodness you've been able to stay in your home!
                              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Today I went walking, bundled up for the cold wind, and enjoyed it thoroughly. The bonus was seeing a big beautiful blue jay - such striking colours! Then what I think was his mate joined him. Then a third one! Not sure why there would be three; surely that couldn't be their offspring this early?!
                                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                                X