X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uni
    replied
    I'm sorry to hear you've been sick, sandy11, but glad you're on the mend!

Leave a comment:

• sandy11
    replied
    Hi uni! All very good things indeed, the empty Wal-Mart checkout especially!

One good thing today was that I was finally ready to start getting out of bed again after a few days of the stomach flu- things are finally beginning to look up!!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    In the last 24 hours a couple of good things have happened.

I visited with a few friends for an hour or so. We talked about what people do to relax, be it art, music, writing, hiking, reading, watching movies, etc. It was time well spent; and I went home feeling hopeful and positive.

Another good thing was that I lucked out with nobody in front of me at the Wal-Mart checkout - yay!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Today's good thing is I got to spend time with two lovely ladies, one of which I don't know well. It was enjoyable to get to know her a little better. There may be truth to the old saying "there are no strangers, just friends you haven't met yet"

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Yes AJ, it will! There are above zero temperatures forecast for the weekend already. So Ill take that as a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I went for my usual early morning walk and daylight came earlier. Spring will come!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    The temperature here is still pretty cold, but the snow has indeed stopped falling, at least for one day! Bit by bit over the last couple of days I cleared out the parking area and today my car and I ventured out and about. All good things.

Leave a comment:

• sandy11
    replied
    Sounds like a perfect day in, uni! Nothing like a good cup of tea and a good book

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    One good thing for today is that the snow has stopped falling and hopefully the temperature too.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    A good thing is that we had advance warning (is there any other kind? ) of today's weather conditions.

Now that the snow and wind are happening I can indulge myself at home with library books and snack food - yay! (assuming the power doesn't go out!). I even went for a walk with a friend before the blizzardy conditions picked up. Now it's time for tea and coziness while the wind howls and snow falls outside my windows

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    The past 24 hours brought a good thing: I went poking around in a local thrift shop and came home with four articles of clothing and an airline carry on bag, All of which I intend to happily use. Turns out it was their winter half-price sale, so bonus!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Uni those are awesome tools you have in your toolbox! I'm adding the sticky note one back into mine. I'm off to Zzzzz.... hoping for a restful night.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Today's good thing is that I had a chance to catch up on my sleep after a couple of nights where I simply wasn't sleeping well. Zzzzzz.....

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    AJ , thanks for asking about the tools, you are a wise person! I've definitely been dusting off a few tools that have fallen by the wayside.

A helpful one is "pick up the phone and call somebody who understands". Why it should be so hard to reach out sometimes is beyond me. One day I got off my "but" and called no fewer than 3 friends, all of whom answered! One of them I'm very close to, the second one I'm pretty close to but not geographically, and the third one is more of an acquaintance but we've had the odd personal chat and I know she struggles with depression sometimes. I felt better just sharing some of my feelings with them.

I've been journaling. And extending time with my SAD light. I've been paying more attention to the little post-it note reminders stuck on my bedroom wall. A word or two like "today counts" or "kindness" makes a surprising difference. And I've been checking out the forum here, and posting. And, dang it, sometimes just pushing myself a bit more to do a thing that I know is good for me, like a walk, even if it's short. And I've also allowed myself to escape.... to a historical fiction novel that's a complete indulgence... loving it

My mood seems better the last couple of days, and I hope that continues.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Sandy11 thanks for the virtual cheers. I'm still working on a couple of minor glitches on the new system, but I'm going to blame Microsoft for those!

Uni I'm glad you got that nice surprise. I also find it helps to think about the good things that happen, in times of a low mood. I know you have a toolbox. What tool(s) have you found most helpful in the last while?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X