Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love hearing about the wholesome gathering, uni! Nothing like home-baked goods

Bengal spice sounds delicious... adding it to my list of tea testing! I'm trying lavender tea, which smells amazing, highly recommend it.

And happy that you enjoyed such a wonderful time with your family. What a fabulous week indeed!

Comment

Tea:
      In the summer I love drinking iced Hibiscus tea (Tazo Passion tea) with a splash of lemonade. The habit started at Starbucks a few years ago and has become a daily thing (I don't get it at Starbucks anymore). The drink reminds me of fruit punch (and it's red) but with much less sugar. Hibiscus is high in Vitamin C and antioxidants. I've never drank it hot though.

For hot tea I prefer black tea, including sometimes flavored black teas like Earl Grey, Constant Comment (citrus) or Chai spice tea.

I only allow myself one cup of coffee most days because I find otherwise it interferes with my sleep. I guess I could get decaf.

Comment

I actually attended a fundraiser "tea" a while back. The menu included a sandwich, a dessert, and choice of 3 teas: Red Rose, Earl Grey, and Lady Grey. I'd never heard of Lady Grey so gave it a try and liked it. I'm not into strong tea, and it was a lighter sort of blend.

Today's good thing is I treated a friend to tea and carrot cake at a local restaurant we rarely go to. Something enjoyable to do on a cold and rainy Victoria Day Monday.
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Originally posted by uni View Post
          I actually attended a fundraiser "tea" a while back. The menu included a sandwich, a dessert, and choice of 3 teas: Red Rose, Earl Grey, and Lady Grey. I'd never heard of Lady Grey so gave it a try and liked it. I'm not into strong tea, and it was a lighter sort of blend.

Today's good thing is I treated a friend to tea and carrot cake at a local restaurant we rarely go to. Something enjoyable to do on a cold and rainy Victoria Day Monday.

Oh, I like Lady Grey tea as well. It's a bit less strong than Earl Grey

Comment

Love that, Hazelcat! I'll have to try some more "fruity" types of tea, they sound refreshing! And yes, decaf tea could definitely be a good option for winding down before bed...

A tea-fundraiser! I have never been to one before, but I can imagine how fancy it might be.

And yum... carrot cake sounds marvellous, uni! Tea with friends is such a great way to spend a rainy day for sure.

Today's good thing was taking a moment to admire the clear sky and feeling a cool breeze

Comment

A good thing in the past day is that I got a lot of icky feelings out by writing about some of the ways depression interferes with everyday life.

It was a way of being as negative as I wanted for a while and nobody was impacted by my negativity. In the end, writing about the awfulness actually lifted some of the awfulness within me. So that was a better outcome than I expected
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

A good thing in the last 24 hours is I got to spend time with some family members I really like and don't get to see often.
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

A good thing today is I watched a "vagus nerve reset" video on YouTube. I struggle with chronic high anxiety so anything that helps is good.

Comment

I've heard about the vagus nerve stuff, and tried a few things. I think there's something to it. Did you come away with any tips that were helpful?
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Today I have good things and bad things to report. The bad thing is that my car's windshield wiper apparatus broke and needs a replacement part. The good thing is the part is available. The bad thing is it has to be shipped in and will take over a week to get here. Good thing is, until then I can drive on sunny days. Bad thing, tomorrow the rain comes. Such is this life
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Originally posted by uni View Post
                        I've heard about the vagus nerve stuff, and tried a few things. I think there's something to it. Did you come away with any tips that were helpful?
                        My favourite vagus nerve stimulation is to make the "om" sound when I meditate. Apparently the vibrations at the back of your throat stimulate the vagus nerve that runs behind your throat. It really helps me clear my mind when meditating and stop intrusive thoughts. I found out about it on a YouTube video by YOGABODY called "Vagus Nerve Stimulation - 3 Tricks to Stop Anxiety Fast."

Comment

A good thing today is that I chose some birthday presents - I have several friends and family members with spring/summer birthdays so it's always good to get those chosen. I don't like giving gift cards because to me it seems impersonal and also reveals the exact amount you spent. But I always include a gift receipt so they can return or exchange the item if they want to.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the YouTube video, Hazelcat. I will look it up.

I admire the fact that you do those birthday things ahead of time and with forethought! I missed that gene But I'm reminded by your post that I have a nephew's birthday in July so should get thinking on that.

Today's good thing is I got an unexpectedly kind text from a family member who I'd given up expecting such a thing from. I guess you never know.
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I watched the video and especially find the ear massage thing works for me. Interesting, because a relative of mine told me about the ear thing and it's their go-to.

Today's good thing was a helpful visit with my psychiatrist.
                              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

This is a super helpful video Hazelcat, I might have to check it out myself!

And so nice to hear about the lovely text uni, life is just full of surprises sometimes

Today's good thing is getting the AC repaired!

Comment

Working...
                                X