No announcement yet.

Support Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info on the 211 option - I didn't know that and that's what I love about this forum - to learn from others who are going through similar problems and how they solved it or figured out how to live with it - nice to be in the company of "my own kind!" XO

Comment

Hello Linda. I'm not sure where all 211 is available right now. It is planned all across Cda eventually. What I didn't add is to get some one's area just enter 211 Toronto or 211 Hamilton. It speeds up the google search.

In regards about your own kind. I would agree, for today, tommorrow I may be God again and you will be on your own once again.

Just kidding, it is good to read your comments and see your TTFN .. XO. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Aw thanks Paul for your hugs and clarification of adding a city name to the Google search - anything to fine-tune the process of getting information, eh?

Comment

Hello Linda. Sometimes it feels like we get to much info. Even on 211 if you type in peer support groups in my area you get like 115 references. Not that there is anywhere near that number but they tend to cross references the heck out of everthing. Our group in Midland is listed 5 or 6 times, bipolar, bipolar and depression, bipolar ,depression and anxiety etc. Plus they count AA etc as peer support(it is).

OK, now that I've called you Linda a 1/2 dozen times I have noticed no one else is. And you no longer sign your name at the end of the post Linda. So did I screw up someplace or is it just my anxieties acting up? Me being so sane, normal and all, sometimes I worry. Now if I could just get the worrying done before I commit the act, I would worry less afterwards. Take Care. paul m
          Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by paul m View Post
            t2201 income tax form
            Can I have some info on a t2201, i never heard of it. Thanks a bunch!
            Take Care,
            Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
            "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

No problem. First I cannot remember if you said whether you worked or not, but if you work you may not be eligible, however someone who is blind and works, gets the credit no problem, so that part is up in the air. The T-2201 is a nonrefundable tax credit that, depending on your income, would see you get 1200-1500+ in tax back. It is also transferable to a spouse.

The t-2201 form is a daunting looking form that has many people not bothering to complete it, asumming they are not eligible. The Mood Disorders Society of cda has a very good example of who may claim this tax credit. http://www.mooddisorderscanada.ca/do...h%20credit.pdf .

For someone with a mental disability it usually comes down to how well you can "think, perceive or remember" and if your life has been markedly restricted in one of those areas by your illness.

To use myself as an example, my perception of everyday occurances are off. I do not have a bank acct for example because of what may happen with it. I have great difficulties going to social events. I can be difficult to get along with in certain situations and my memory is often none existance in some situations. I don't handle many everyday pressures very well. Thus my life is markedly more restricted than my wifes and others even though at first glance I appear as normal as the next person. This makes me eligible for the credit. Some docs are great at filling out the form, others like to play God and decide who gets the credit. If you have any questions, you know where to find me. Take Care. paul m
              Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks for the for the info on the T-2201 tax cedit.

I will check out the link that you posted to see if I may be eligable, i do work but bipolar does have a significant impact on my day to day life, i canceled ANOTHER social function again yesterday, soon i will no longer get any invites.

And my days of having my own bank acct are numbered, sad in a way but also it will be a major relief too.

I dreamt last night i was in the hospital and when I woke up I felt so peaceful, in my dream it felt like i left all my life issues outside the hospital.
                Take Care,
                Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...

Comment

I dreamt last night i was in the hospital and when I woke up I felt so peaceful, in my dream it felt like i left all my life issues outside the hospital.
                  There are many reasons why I hate being in the hospital, but sometimes part of what I need when I'm really sick is a safe place to be, away from all the pressures of daily living. Even so, I won't be hanging pictures on the wall, or repainting the 'room' they stick me in when in the hospital. I get why you would feel peaceful.
                  AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                  for not being what they believe they should be.
                  -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

For me the hospital is a place where I can just "be". If you know what I mean.

I don't need to pay bills, go to the bank, get grocery's, do laundry, wash dishes, cook meals, iron dress clothes for work, drive to work, go to work, answer the phone, talk to people, and the list goes on and on and on.

It is so hard to try and function in the world when i am so sick that it feels like I am having a nervous breakdown as I am doing the usually simple tasks of everday living.

So when I finally go to the hosiptal it is such a relief to not have to TRY and do these things when really I am not able to do them.

In the hospital I can just let go of life and breath.

Again, I think I've said this before, i'm sure the super high doses of meds they have us on in the hospitals really add to that "peaceful" feeling.
                    Take Care,
                    Karen

Comment

Working...
                    X