Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we go again with the Clozapine dropping my white cell count.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go again with the Clozapine dropping my white cell count.

I flunked my monthly blood test. My white cell count (for fighting infections) is down the toilet again. So I got jabbed again today. Sigh. Hopefully these results will be better or I'll have to continue with my twice weekly blood tests. Ouch.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Sorry to hear you have to get all those needles again...You really must feel like a pin cushion.

Maybe when you are getting your next needle you can think about the lady bug (not really sure what kind of bug it is) pin cushion and I hope it helps a bit...

I like his eyes
    Last edited by Atlantis; December 7, 2010, 06:15 PM.
    Take Care,
    Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
    "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

I like his eyes too!
      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

are you still weaning off the clozapine, or has that been on hold again?

hope your results are better this time!
        Anne.

Comment

Oh gee AJ that's no good - we need those little white blood cells.
          Wash your hands lots....
          Stormy

Comment

Hello AJ. Tough break. I hope that your white couint comes up soon. Take Care. paul m
            "Alone we can do so little;
            Together we can do so much"
            Helen Keller

Comment

Weaning off Clozapine has been put on hold until symptoms are better under control.
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

for you AJ. I wish I could help but a hug will have to do, I guess.

Karen I love that bug.
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello AJ. I am sitting here trying to phrase this question delicately so as not to appear dumb(well that ship has already sailed) or uncaring. But how long can you go on having your white blood cell count drop, while waiting for a mental health improvement? Take Care. paul m
                  Helen Keller

Comment

Clozapine protocol has 3 phases of white cell count drop warnings. If everything is okay, you're in the green. If the levels have dropped to a certain point then you're in the yellow zone and if the levels drop to the next level then you're in the red zone. The yellow zone is where I am which requires twice weekly blood tests until the counts go up.
                    They're low but not compared to a cancer patient low. So as long as I don't end up in the red zone, then I meet the protocol for continuing on with treatment.
                    (One of my drugs for RA also drops the count, although Clozapine is the main culprit).

That's the medical stuff out of the way. How long is a good question Paul. When I get sick with an infection it takes a long time for me to recover. I get tired of all the blood monitoring. My P.doc hasn't given up on the idea of me being able to stop Clozapine and just be on Abilify, instead of both. Damn symptoms aren't under control, and she won't stop it or even reduce the dose until they are. Makes sense to me, as much as I find it frustrating. My symptoms are slowly getting better. So I am making progress, but it is painfully slow.
                    AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello AJ. It sounds as if your pdoc actually cares and is aware of all of your problems(mental and physical), so I guess that is a good thing.

You are a great example of perseverance. I thought of your struggles this mornings as I was getting a painfull needle in my butt and blood drawn. I said to myself, well at least I only have to get this once every three weeks(3mths for the blood work), AJ has to go through needle work all of the time.

Plus I have it a lot easier, the techs have trouble finding your veins, they have have no problem drawing my blood and even a blind tech couldn't miss my butt.

I hope that it soon goes better for you. Take Care. paul m
                      Helen Keller

Comment

even a blind tech couldn't miss my butt
                        Thanks for the laugh Paul. Today was a rough day. Made me smile.
                        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Back to flunking blood tests again. Once in January. Twice in February so far. This time it's the lowest it's ever been. Sigh.
                          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Sending some

Comment

hope your next blood tests are more positive AJ!
                              Anne.

Comment

Working...
                              X