Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we go again with the Clozapine dropping my white cell count.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello AJ. I'm glad for you. Sometimes it's the little victories that allow us to continue through life. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

So good to hear this.

Comment

Hi AJ,

That is great news! Finally something positive!
        Wishing you well,
        Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

No more blood work until March 9th or 10th. Doing the almost happy dance. Cheerleader.gif
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I'm glad you have reason to almost happy dance AJ! That's good news .

Cute cheerleader btw. How do you post something like that here?
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Go to advanced mode (not quick reply). Click on paper clip and it opens up a window where you can add files from your computer or the web. You need to tell it where the file is. Click on the ADD. Then Done. When you click the paper clip again, your file will be underneath it to left click on. Boy is it hard to explain this from afar. Can I come over and show you Uni?
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I wish you could come over AJ. Thanks though, you gave it old college try

All this tells me is that I have a looong way to go when it comes to computers! But now that I'm retired I'll add it to my list of things to learn. Right after "open the little ipod box and read the tiny printed instructions" and "open the little pedometer package and read the tiny printed instructions" and "open the little wireless optical mouse package and..." You get the picture.

But, back to the thread, I'm really just happy that you had good news for a change
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I'm so happy for you AJ! I hope things get better for you soon. are you still hypomanic?
                  Anne.

Comment

Yup. "I get high with a little help from my friends' is repeating itself in my head. It was entertaining the first 100 times. I'm going to see if I can get a hold of my P.doc tomorrow.
                    AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

let us know how it goes!!
                      thinking of you AJ...
                      Anne.

Comment

AJ, I just read this thread from beginning to end. Wow! It is amazing what you have come through.
                        Did you get in touch with your Pdoc? Last time I was hypomanic, my Pdoc accused me of not wanting to give up my mania because I liked it. At first I was indignant. Then, I realized he was kinda right. When you are down all the time, a little up is fun. But the party is very quickly over, especially when you do something like ditch your husband on your anniversary. Sigh. I have the song, "It's not easy being green" in my head.
                        Have they ever tried to get blood from your feet?

Comment

I went to my GP this AM. My blood pressure is high. Like me, hee hee.

Okay seriously though, I did talk to my P.doc on the phone this afternoon. She increased the dose of my Clozapine and Procyclidine. I'm to take Clonazepam to get more sleep. I'm very sensitive to it. I can't take much (I get stoned even on a low dose) or I can't function the next day, but getting more sleep is important. Right now I'm getting 4 hrs a night on a good night.

I came home early from work yesterday. I just couldn't concentrate with all the symptoms I've been having. I'm supposed to work tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll be well enough to go. It's not the kind of job I can do if I'm not 'all there'.

How come this is all so hard? Nothing has changed. Why hypomanic now? It's most frustrating. I ask myself what I'm doing wrong, what I'm not doing right. Sometimes it just happens. Grrh.

I'm supposed to be going on vacation on the 12th. I don't want to be flying high. Hee hee. Okay not so funny. Not as funny as Paul anyway.

Blood from my feet no -OUCH!
                          Last edited by AJ; March 2, 2011, 07:06 PM.
                          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                            Why hypomanic now? It's most frustrating. I ask myself what I'm doing wrong, what I'm not doing right. Sometimes it just happens. Grrh
                            Hello AJ. Well at least your paritially right. If I was to make a totally W.A.G.(Wild Ass Guess). I would guess that all of your physical problems are really bothering you and contributing to your mood swings. Before you say `No Sh*t Sherlock`, please hear me out. Not only do you have more physical problems than most people I know, you are also having problems with the medications they are giving you to control your mental and physical problems.

You are constantly having blood drawn(and very painfully too), you are always walking a tightrope with your white blood cell count, you mentioned in a post a while ago that the meeting with your surgeon didn`t bring great news and now your doc is prescribing more Procyclidine. If your taking Procyclidine in the first place is usually because something else is really wrong. I could go on here and list your fondness for driving to work on stormy winter days etc etc, but you get my point. You have a lot of problems, through no fault of your own.

I am amazed that you don`t have more mood swings. You are an inspiration to us all. I have a picture of you hanging from my mirror and everyday I look at it and say. `Well if AJ can survive another day so can I.` (well I don`t actually have a picture, at least not one that I will admit too)

So hang in there, you aren`t doing anything wrong, but do try and get some sleep. . Take Care. paul m
                            Last edited by paul m; March 3, 2011, 09:00 AM.
                            "Alone we can do so little;
                            Together we can do so much"
                            Helen Keller

Comment

Paul, where did you get a picture of AJ?!?!

AJ, blood from the feet is not as bad as it sounds, especially since you will have less scar tissue there. I can't believe they have never suggested it, they do it occasionally where I work.

I also agree with Paul that you have a LOT going on. And through it all, you carry on. Take another day off from work and curl up with a blankie. Or what ever floats your boat. I am wishing you well.

Jenn

Comment

Paul, thank you for your kind words. Your W.A.G. is a good one. You're right it does all add up to a lot on my plate. I'm off for 4 days, so hopefully I'll get more rest and more sleep.

Jenn, I can't quite picture them taking blood out of my feet. I'd definitely have to have my eyes closed. Good to know though. I have my blankie out for the weekend. Let's hope I can sit still long enough to wrap it around myself.

I saw my GP yesterday and she said my blood pressure is up. I almost started laughing. I mean really. What next? There always is a next.
                                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                                X