been a long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to update everyone.

Took 5 days off couple weeks ago, and spent the whole time sleeping. As much as I needed to do other things, I need to get rest. It seemed to have helped. I have changed my personal cell number so work isn't calling me 24/7. It was something I had to agree to, as one of the many things that our management team had to agree to so we didn't restructure.
    I have made a great effort to take at least one day off every week, so I have been giving a bunch of shifts away and was able to hire some more people. Other than not sleeping at all, things have settled down, sleeping can be fixed with sleeping medication. I just need to remember to take them, as I spend all night up working when I was doing a sleep shift. But I gotta work on that.

I am getting reassessed for my diagnoses, as my new pycohologist doesn't feel that I am disgnosed right, but that could be because I deal with her on a professional level as well. And I tend not to let the professional people I deal with workwise see what I deal with on a personal level, but she is someone I am able to talk to easily. She doesn't know everything yet, but its mainly because i need to build trust and know that what I say doesn't get relayed back to my company.

Comment

It's nice to hear from you Saweeet. I understand what it's like to function on little to no sleep. It sounds like you needed those days to rest.

Am I understanding you correctly that your psychologist is someone you know from the workplace? Is work paying for sessions or are you seeing her privately? In either case what you say should be kept confidential. Psychologists are bound by a code of ethics to do so.

I have to admit with a healthy dose of paranoia I'd have a hard time trusting that. Once I had testing done by a psychologist in a clinic that used to come to my workplace (for matters not concerning me), but I did find it awkward.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
      X