No announcement yet.

Poor judgment leads to wrong choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last two weeks were too tough for me .. I couldn't visit my younger son because I couldn't afford transportation in my access day .. I see him for only six ours biweekly @ I have to travel 40km to do that ..

Comment

Hello Jafar. I know how tough it must be on you financially and not being able to see your son. While I'm still pretty poor these days I'm positively rich compared to the way I once was so I understand what it's like to be flat broke. I know the problems with the system and the way they seem to try and starve you out. My application for CCPD took almost 2 yrs by the time all the appeals were heard and then on the day before my last appeal they cancelled the hearing and said ok you are approved. I was naive enough in those days to think that a cheque would arrive promptly however they managed to drag that out for almost another 6 mths.

Thankfully the system is better now, but I know there can still be un reasonable waits and delays for approvals and cheques. The really unfair part about it is that I have hardly ever meet anyone who wanted to be on disability. On the other hand I have known many people who were employed who thought nothing of cheating on their income tax. I always felt the gov't should spend a little more time checking income taxes of the rich and a lot less time giving people who are applying for a miserable amount a tough time.

Anyways I'm off topic. I'm sure that having to wait for your approval, being broke and not being able to see your son must be really tough and you have my sympathies. Good Luck and Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you .. Paul .. You're not off the topic .. Not at all
        And thanks for sharing your opinion & experiences

Comment

Jafar, I feel so bad for you not being able to see your son because of money. That really sucks! I hope your appeal goes through sooner rather than later. The waiting and wondering can be so hard and that can make your symptoms that much worse. Big hug from me!

Neli

Comment

Thanks neli .. that's very nice of you ..
            i missed one visit on April 22 but I'm looking forward on my next visit Saturday May 6 .. that makes me feel better ..

Comment

Working...
            X