News is depressing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News is depressing

I wake up feeling nervous that I am alive again and have to feel this strange way all day long. Fear of the outside world and a feeling that I don't care cause I am not really happy and a part of this world. I'm just moving through the daily motions because my loss could be too much for loved ones to handle. I'm trapped. So trading all the negative racism angry violent people really make me turn the channel. I used to enjoy the news. Canadian news much more positive so I watch it to keep informed. Trump has brought up the racist white privilege agenda to light. That's very dark to watch unfold. Maybe I should look at it as healing. You get my drift. News EFFECT US. I recommend limiting your amount.

I totallly relate. I actually had to quit watching news for awhile on the advice of my therapist. I can't stay away completely though.

I kind of feel like it's a responsibility as a citizen of this world.

Comment

Hello Crispy. I too don't like watching the news. Maybe once a week I will turn it on. I do read the Toronto Sun, not all the news in it, but enough to keep me informed. If I don't like the looks of an article I don't read. Take Care Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

I totally get the news thing. Iíve had no family or friends for almost a year now because every single one of them believe Trump is a very stable genius. I donít know if the world has always been this way or if itís getting worse. This world lacks integrity.

Ontarioís version of Trump, Doug Ford, has made headlines lately for his views on mental health. What scares me even more is that mental health professionals are not calling him out. Or maybe they are but that kinda news doesnít suit the mediaís sales staff.

Comment

Oh boy, the news, I hear you! I listen to the highlights/lowlights on my car radio if the time happens to be right. Otherwise local news articles once or twice a week on my phone or local paper. I find so much of what the media blasts at us to be upsetting and maddening. So yeah, I limit my exposure in order to maintain some peace of mind
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Out of self preservation I limit my exposure to the 'news'. I too want to be a responsible citizen of the world, but I try not to get swept away in all of it.
            AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
            for not being what they believe they should be.
            -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
            X