News is depressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News is depressing

I wake up feeling nervous that I am alive again and have to feel this strange way all day long. Fear of the outside world and a feeling that I don't care cause I am not really happy and a part of this world. I'm just moving through the daily motions because my loss could be too much for loved ones to handle. I'm trapped. So trading all the negative racism angry violent people really make me turn the channel. I used to enjoy the news. Canadian news much more positive so I watch it to keep informed. Trump has brought up the racist white privilege agenda to light. That's very dark to watch unfold. Maybe I should look at it as healing. You get my drift. News EFFECT US. I recommend limiting your amount.

I totallly relate. I actually had to quit watching news for awhile on the advice of my therapist. I can't stay away completely though.

I kind of feel like it's a responsibility as a citizen of this world.

Comment

Hello Crispy. I too don't like watching the news. Maybe once a week I will turn it on. I do read the Toronto Sun, not all the news in it, but enough to keep me informed. If I don't like the looks of an article I don't read. Take Care Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

I totally get the news thing. I’ve had no family or friends for almost a year now because every single one of them believe Trump is a very stable genius. I don’t know if the world has always been this way or if it’s getting worse. This world lacks integrity.

Ontario’s version of Trump, Doug Ford, has made headlines lately for his views on mental health. What scares me even more is that mental health professionals are not calling him out. Or maybe they are but that kinda news doesn’t suit the media’s sales staff.

Comment

Oh boy, the news, I hear you! I listen to the highlights/lowlights on my car radio if the time happens to be right. Otherwise local news articles once or twice a week on my phone or local paper. I find so much of what the media blasts at us to be upsetting and maddening. So yeah, I limit my exposure in order to maintain some peace of mind
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Out of self preservation I limit my exposure to the 'news'. I too want to be a responsible citizen of the world, but I try not to get swept away in all of it.
            AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
            for not being what they believe they should be.
            -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi all,

I stay away from the news too. I have a hard time not being greatly affected by what I see... I have been keeping my empathy for people closer to home.

Comment

Looking at this post I feel great Trumfus is gone.

Comment

Yes. I agree that Biden will fight for the rights of black people and eventually control the gun issue in the country. The faster he does it, the better. It's becoming worse and worse in the US, and most people are getting at that point of being fed up with all the gun shootings that happen on a daily basis in so many parts of the states. I'm glad that I moved to Canada as the racial issues are way less and with people like Karim you can be sure that the rights of people from different ethnicities will be saved. He's taking part in some great ethnicity campaigns and you can read more about him https://www.crunchbase.com/person/karim-jivra here and see what I say for yourself.
                  Last edited by Tarnished; June 20, 2021, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Glad I am not the only one who limits how much of the news they watch each week.

Mocha231

Comment

Originally posted by Tarnished View Post
                      Yes. I agree that Biden will fight for the rights of black people and eventually control the gun issue in the country. The faster he does it, the better. It's becoming worse and worse in the US, and most people are getting at that point of being fed up with all the gun shootings that happen on a daily basis in so many parts of the states. I'm glad that I moved to Canada as the racial issues are way less and with people like Karim you can be sure that the rights of people from different ethnicities will be saved. He's taking part in some great ethnicity campaigns and you can read more about him https://www.crunchbase.com/person/karim-jivra here and see what I say for yourself.
                      Yeah, I know him, he's a good person.

Comment

Maybe it's simply because you are reading news in the wrong place? Have you thought about it? I understand that if someone passed away or there is something miserable in politics you cannot make that a good news article. However, the main ability for a journalist and for a newspaper redactor is to be able ti combine bad news with the good ones, so the you don't catch a depression. Here https://calgaryherald.com/news/polit...mments-surface you can see an example. Even though the event itself is not the best one possible, it’s possible to notice the good part of the situation too. That is what makes the difference when we talk about journalism.
                        Last edited by Emias; June 28, 2021, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Out of self preservation, I limit the amount of
                          news I watch too. There are feel good stories, but for me, not enough to outweigh the difficult happenings in the world, to do so more than once a day.
                          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                          for not being what they believe they should be.
                          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                          X