No announcement yet.

Vyvanse is working for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dropping a note to say I found a good psychologist who is helping me with self-esteem. I'll see her once a month and I have 80% coverage so that's not bad. It was bizarre because she lost her sister to cancer a year ago and she also did not have a close relationship with her. So she completely understood my issues and wants to work on self-compassion.

Comment

Thanks for the update Quito. I'm so glad that you have a good psychologist. 80% coverage certainly helps with the expense (self investment ).
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

That’s amazing that you have built a great connection with your psychologist and that she understands you. That is such an important component in the therapeutic relationship

Comment

Quito that is good news! I'm so glad to hear you've connected with a psychologist that seems to understand where you're coming from. And the 80% coverage is no small potatoes.

I'm wondering if you needed a referral from your doctor in order to qualify for the insurance. Maybe you've mentioned it but I forget. It's just that when I followed my health region psychologist to private practice when she changed jobs I ran into trouble with getting the insurance portion. Had to make a special visit to my GP for a referral. Just last month that has changed and no referral needed now.
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Originally posted by uni View Post
            Quito that is good news! I'm so glad to hear you've connected with a psychologist that seems to understand where you're coming from. And the 80% coverage is no small potatoes.

I'm wondering if you need a referral from your doctor in order to qualify for the insurance. Maybe you've mentioned it but I forget. It's just that when I followed my health region psychologist to private practice when she changed jobs I ran into trouble with getting the insurance portion. Had to make a special visit to my GP for a referral. Just last month that has changed and no referral is needed now.
            Late to respond but yes, I have a doctor's prescription for counseling since that is a requirement for insurance coverage. Ugh, the last couple of weeks I've been reducing sugar, and my mood tanks. I know I've medicated my depression with food. I really notice it when I cut sugar out. Couple of weeks ago, my doc said I'm prediabetic. I do have at least 50 pounds to lose. I go to the gym 2-3 times per week and I'm trying to eat more salads. It's hard to stick to it when the old mood tanks.

Comment

Hi Quito. Changing habits is hard. I want to wish you the best of luck in with the whole sugar/diet/exercise thing
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks Uni, eating healthy will be the biggest hurdle for me in life. I'm thinking about Overeater's Anonymous (OA), 12 step group for compulsive eating disorders. My psychologist took me as far as she could. It's my behavior that needs to change and I think OA might be the strategy that gives me the tools to make the change. It's humbling. I wish I could be like other people and just stay off the sugar But I remember as a kid I was a loner and snuck a lot of chocolate downstairs. I'm also bored so I think a little part time job might be good.

Comment

Quito, it sounds like you've come up with some interesting options to explore Personally I think there's nothing like group support. And a job definitely has its merits.
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                  X