No announcement yet.

Hit a bit of a decline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope your appointment was time we'll spent. It's hit and miss with finding the right counselor. Good for you for taking care of yourself this way.

Comment

Update for all.

Firstly, thank you for the support. Secondly, I've been to two appointments now and we are still just in the "getting to know my situation" phase. There isn't a lot for me to talk about regarding my past as I dealt with that quite well with my previous bought of therapy. But my new therapist is still asking questions in order to get to understand my situation (which is fine).

I've been getting some good questions / tips out of the sessions which at least helps me a bit to rediscover techniques I've been ignoring.

It is nice to get some help which makes it feel 1,000 times better already.

I'm on the right track.

Hope all is well with everyone
      Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Comment

It's great to hear from you, bucky310 -- I'm glad things are improving for you

I understand about the "getting to know your situation" thing with a new therapist. I too had a couple of sessions recently with a new therapist, and the initial stuff t does takes time. Usually worth it overall.

Thanks for mentioning about techniques you've been ignoring. I've found the same happens with me, and I appreciate the reminders. I'm doing not bad, better than I was a while ago. Just hoping to not slide back. So far, so good .

uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Bucky310. Thanks for the update. I’m glad you’re finding the therapy helpful.
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Without being rude I'd love a good anxiety attack about now

Comment

Working...
            X