No announcement yet.

9:30 a.m. Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Uni. I have long since given up trying to have a normal sleep cycle. I am up nearly every morning around 7am, which usually gives me 4-5 hrs sleep. I also have an extended nap sometime later in the day or the next day. I find that it is more important for me to monitor how much sleep I get in a week rather in a day.

That also means limiting how much sleep I get some days as I can get in the habit of getting too much sleep, which for me can be just as bad.

As life interferes with my preferred sleep habits(appts, friends, the wife etc) I try and record the amount of sleep that I get in a week, rather than a day. I find that I do best when I average between 50-55 hrs a wk.

Fortunately I usualy have little trouble geting to sleep so this system works for me, but than I 'm sometimes thought to be more than a little different. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

I'm here for 10 coffee. I think it is 10 where you are. I think you are two hours ahead of me. Anyways, Rebecca is right. Sometimes it just takes a while feeling groggy and sleepy while you readjust. Go to bed early and wake up early. Don't put your alarm clock on
      snooze but get up right away and do the light box. Have a coffee if this helps. If you can't fall asleep early enough at night, hopefully when you start waking up at an early hour consistently, you will eventually feel tired enough at night to fall asleep early. I wake up at 6am nearly every morning. I still feel tired when I get up but I get going pretty quickly.

happy thanksgiving!
      astronaut

Comment

Thanks for "joining" me astronaut I'm not sure about the time though. I started a new thread on time zones to help de-confuse the issue.

Yesterday was my groggy and sleepy day. So far today is somewhat better after a somewhat better sleep last night. Thanks for the tips everybody. I will keep at it...
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

An update. Still having trouble getting up early. Doing the light as soon as I get up, but I know it should be more consistent, so will continue to strive for an earlier sleep/wake cycle. Am up to 30 minutes a day this week. My morning mood in particular seems to be better.
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I'm glad the light box seems to be helping.
            Rebecca

Comment

Hello Uni. I'm glad that you seem to be doing better. Take Care. paul m
              "Alone we can do so little;
              Together we can do so much"
              Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks Rebecca and Paul. I haven't been doing too badly - ho-hum off and on, with a good dash of anxiety. I want to avoid letting things get out of hand, though. The light nudges me toward the positive. It's one tool among many. Very often I forget I even own the tools, let alone use them!
                Last edited by uni; October 21, 2011, 10:17 PM. Reason: thought of the tools
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                X