Change in weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change in weather

October 8th, and we have freaking snow here in Saskatchewan! Not ready! Not ready at all! Scraping car windows last night!

It's bound to go away, right? Shades of things to come and I'm trying not to dread it but find myself dreading it anyway! Reacting badly to this, as you can tell by all the exclamation points!
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Darn ... I still need to go and find a new jacket!
    Woody

Comment

I agree Uni. Ugh, although I am so sick and tired of grey clouds and rain that I might almost welcome snow if I thought it would lead to some sunshine. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Snow here too. Ugh.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Starting to feel left out here
          Woody

Comment

Woody, consider yourself lucky to be left out. It has snowed most of the weekend here and only some of it is melting, which in turn is becoming ice.
            I have now managed to kill off my three geranium plants by leaving them out on the balcony. Sigh.

I give thanks for living in Canada, I give thanks for living in Canada...
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Sorry for your Geraniums Uni
              Woody

Comment

Sorry about your plants Uni. Can you come by and kill a 20 or 30 of the ones my wife has spread around the place .

Oh yes, please ignore Woody and keep the snow. Take Care. paul m
                Helen Keller

Comment

Thank God for winter tires.
                  AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                  for not being what they believe they should be.
                  -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Yup ignore me
                    Woody

Comment

Thanks guys for the sympathy re: the plants. With me as caregiver their days were probably numbered, anyway.

I envy your wife, Paul, with such a green thumb. It reminds me of my mom and grandma. They could grow anything, however I did not like having half the daylight blocked out by plants all over the windowsills. I need light! Give me light! But no, here's some leftover cold tea, now go water the plants...

AJ, you are so right about the winter tires. My car needs new ones and they don't come cheap.

Oh, by the way, some guy named Woody has been posting, but I'm ignoring him.
                      Last edited by uni; October 17, 2009, 03:42 AM.
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Way back when I was driving truck, on Monday afternoons at 13:00, on the CBC, they would have a special call-in. The guest speaker was the chef something something garner for the capitol. He was so amazing. People would call in with questions about this and that and he would respond I such a way that even I would start to think ... man I could do this! Reality would settle in quiet quickly though when I came home to my dead plastic plant on the kitchen table

I do not know if he is still on the air, but if he is, it is a great way to spend an hour and you walk away with so much knowledge.

Woody stands behind Uni a makes rabbit ears with this two fingers
                        Woody

Comment

Hello Uni. Thats the storey of my life, everybody envys my wife, not because she married such a GREAT guy, but because of her other skills.

Actually my wife is not a great gardner, but she is a world class thief and mooch. Everywhere we go she is either begging for or stealing slips and seed pods. She starts out with a zillion plants and after mistreatment, lack of light etc still ends up with too many. Take Care. paul m

Thx Woody for the info, but when I am even the tinest bit manic, I already know everything in the world.

Actually I find that CBC does have some pretty good programs and maybe I will give them a try again. So thx for reminding me. Take Care. paul m
                          Helen Keller

Comment

LOL, LOL! You guys are more than hilarious.

Paul, don't burst my bubble; here I've been believing you do know everything, and it turns out it's just the mania talking!

Woody, how could you tell whether the plant was dead or alive if it was made of plastic? And by the way, I just felt my head and there are no rabbit ears up there. Oh-oh, I been forgetting to ignore you.

I like the CBC also. Today there was an interview with a doctor who treats addicts in Vancouver, who himself is addicted to work and to collecting classical CD's. Seriously. The CD thing had been causing trouble in his marriage.

Seeing that this thread originated with the subject of weather, the update from here is: rain today! not snow! I don't even mind the gloom right now. Usually we get sunshine in not too long, anyhow, being the prairies. Lots of wind, however.
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. When I'm normal I know just about everything about anything that counts. When I'm manic I just know everything.

Of course saying that " I know just about everything about anything that counts" really doesn't count for much as I decide what is important .

Just understanding what I just said, however, indicates that either I know all or nothing. My head is now spinning, I will go and lie down. I hope the explanation was clear . Take Care. paul m
                              Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                              X