No announcement yet.

This is where it all started for me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need for apologies, I think the point that I was trying to make was that my own perception clowed the results.

I do not think any Pdoc has ever gone into that much detail with me during an interview as what you have described.
    I did how ever have a few Pnurses go into greater detail
    I think I learned more about myself during those interviews than any other.
    Woody

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
      Thanks Paul. Today I needed to be reminded that sometimes the little things do make a difference.
      I say this to myself when i need to feel better or remind myself i am here to make a difference , even if i may not see it. My immediate family has someone to call a brother, an uncle, a cousin or even a jackass. haha. Just a note to say , yes you matter and yes, reading your imput helps
      Last edited by Rogue; February 14, 2009, 07:08 PM. Reason: spelling
      "Smile in a Mirror ", The Irish Rogue.

Comment

Hello Rogue. I laughed about the Jackass part. I was always useful to my relatives. I was a good example of a bad example. "Lookit son, no matter what you do, don't be like your uncle paul" . I am sure that a lot of neighbors felt the same way. Thx for the laugh. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Hey everybody - good news! I'm on a combination of 1mg Risperidone and 37.5mg of Venlafaxine HCL. I think this is what normal feels like. Finally! It hasn't helped what I called "boof-outs" - they are those mental fogs, mix-ups that you make, thinking you are right and then finding out just how wrong you were. When I'm in that zone, I can check something 5 times, and STILL be oh so wrong. For example, my boyfriend had to have a followup appointment for his recent surgery. When I spoke with the surgeon's secretary, I told her I had already something booked for the 4th. So we made it early on Tues. 5th. People, we are talking MAY for his appt. I was thinking March! Oh DUHHHHH!!! But it's nice to have my mood stabilized to the point where, when people say, "Hi, Linda, How ARE ya?" and I reply, "I'm ok, thanks," for the first time in my life, I actually MEAN it! So THIS is how it was always supposed to be, huh?.....

Comment

Congrats. I hope it works forever. paul m
            Helen Keller

Comment

Good News MerelyMe!
              Woody

Comment

Love your sense of humour Rogue.

Great to hear your drug therapy combo is working well for you MerelyMe08.
                AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                for not being what they believe they should be.
                -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thank you, everyone, for you kind, instant feedback - I hope the pills keep working for a very long time, but I remember someone saying they didn't, after awhile - I'll monitor myself to make sure my combo is still effective, but GP says I can increase my own dosage to 2mg if I feel I need it - I don't have a Pdoc yet - waiting until June 8th for my appt - but I have been on some websites checking out DBT definition and asking TARA (Treatment and Research Advancements - National Association for Personality Disorder) if they have anything in Canada. It's all an everpresent ongoing process and, as long as everything is in one process or another, at least it's getting somewhere, eh?

Comment

Hello MerelyMe08. Getting somewhere is important. I lost count of the number of funks or rages I went through because nothing worked or only worked for a while.

Some meds work a long time. It varies from person to person. My current ones have been very consistant for over 4 yrs and I hope they will continue. They allow me to live a good life, albeit one with a lot of drawbacks. Take Care. paul m
                    Helen Keller

Comment

June ... wow!
                      Like Paul said it varies from person to person. The trick is to keep on top of things and not let it get too out of hand before you do something.

For me, it is not that the Risperidone stop working for say. For me what happen is that we had to increase the dosage, yes because it was not working, but once it was increased it did start to work again. What I could not tolerate was the side effects that came with the higher dosage.

Woody

Comment

Hi MerelyMe,

I agree with you re: "psychic memory". Isn't that also called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? I have also experienced SAD since childhood and would be interested in discovering the "memory" of what went wrong and why every September/October it hits me like a ton of bricks the intense loneliness and tendency towards low self-esteem and inertia and isolating myself from family and friends.

Comment

Hi VillaStraylight,

I'm in the process of getting a diagnosis. I have a feeling I'm bipolar II as well. How long did it take for you to receive a diagnosis? Would you mind sharing the symptoms that led your doc to the diagnosis?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X