No announcement yet.

whoopee, it's fall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astronaut, there is no committment required for either of the groups I attend, so the same people don't show up every time.

The 12-step group meets weekly and averages about 10-15 people, although it's been down to 3 a couple of times and up to around 20 several times, with a core of regulars of around 10. The other group meets every two weeks and there is more variation in who shows up, but the average is around 8. Interestingly, in that group there are usually as many or more men than women, which in my experience is unusual.

On the SAD light front, the style of the one I'm renting is more "in my face" than I'd like, probably because I'm used to a longer, lower type. However, I'll continue using it until I have to return it next week. Meanwhile, I continue to seek out more information.

A support group member has given me a lead on the kind he uses, so I'll be phoning the place that sells them (of course it's not in my city). Ideally I'd like to find a way to measure how much light comes from the bulb of my old one, because they grow dimmer with time. If I could replace the bulb with a satisfactory new one, I would do so. It's a good thing I'm so motivated to use a SAD light, otherwise I'd have given up in confusion and frustration by now. But I do believe in them, so I shall persevere..

I find that for me an hour a day to stay healthy isn't enough. It's worth whatever it takes, though, because the alternative sucks
    Last edited by uni; October 15, 2012, 06:42 PM. Reason: couldn't make quotes work
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
    X