Family member ill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone.

Tracy's getting smoke breaks on her own now so that must mean the doctors think she's doing better. I continue to hope for the best.

Comment

Hello Leila63. I hope that you are correct. I am sure that even if she progresses well, you will still be worried for a while. That was pretty scarey for you the last time she left. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks for the update Leila. Sounds like progress is being made. Did they ever tell you what her diagnosis is?
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Wow, I just came in for an update and read she was getting smoke breaks by herself. That is good news! I hope she continues to progress, however, we all know it is a long road to recovery. How are you doing Leila?

Comment

How are things going with Tracy? How are you doing Leila63?
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Originally posted by leila63 View Post
              I've been having a rough couple of days. Not mood, which is down but stable, but with OCD stuff which for me is rehearsal conversation.
              Hi Leila,

I often go over, and over and over in my head what I will say to someone to the point I have the whole converstion worked out in my head, it is particularily bad at night when go to bed but occurs druing the day as well...

I may be way off here, but is this what you mean when you say rehearsal conversation? I honestly thought it was only me who did that.

Thanks for sharing that with us and for sharing your sisters and your own struggles, i have learned so much from reading this thread
              Take Care,
              Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
              "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Hello Leila63. I hope your ok and we miss you. Take Care. paul m
                Helen Keller

Comment

thinking of you Leila, and I hope your niece's visit with you went well too!
                  Anne.

Comment

Hello Leila, just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and miss you. Hope you are well. Tracey

Comment

Hello Leila. Haven't heard from you for a while and wonder how you are doing, and also your sister. Thinking of you.
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Missing you lots Leila. If I could package up a care box filled with baking that I like to do, I would send it to you. I think of you often. Just wanted you to know that.
                        Tracey

Comment

I hope you are feeling well soon and can dazzle me with your grasp of the Klingon language. Remember to breathe deep and be kind and gentle with yourself. You'll get through this. Originally posted by Leila
                          Hi Leila,

I'm going to give it my best try to say I'm thinking about you in Klingon, but that darn language is so hard to translate to english but here goes nothing.

jIH buS SoH

Now, if there are any Klingon language experts out there i know this directly translates to "I think only about you" and sounds a little creepy but you are very limited in the Klingon language when it comes to kind, warm hearted feeling words...

In english though, i want to say "I'm thinking about you and miss you"

p.s. Couldn't find a word for "miss" in Klingon, surprise, surprise
                          Take Care,
                          Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
                          "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Hi Everyone

Nice to know I've been missed. Just been freaked out with relatives staying with me. Tracy is doing much better and may be going to a group home after hospital (which beats icky hubby who is (which is good in a way) freaked out by her dx. She has a lot of family here in Edmonton that want to support her.

Will catch up on threads and be talking to you. Have a Pdoc appointment right now and will check back this evening.

Have a new kitten to who is trying to help me write this post!
                            Last edited by leila63; March 11, 2010, 12:47 PM. Reason: Should really check spelling before submitting

Comment

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you later Leila63.
                              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Leila63. Good to hear from you. Take Care. paul m
                                Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                                X