Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One good thing for today is that the snow has stopped falling and hopefully the temperature too.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Sounds like a perfect day in, uni! Nothing like a good cup of tea and a good book

Comment

The temperature here is still pretty cold, but the snow has indeed stopped falling, at least for one day! Bit by bit over the last couple of days I cleared out the parking area and today my car and I ventured out and about. All good things.
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I went for my usual early morning walk and daylight came earlier. Spring will come!
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Yes AJ, it will! There are above zero temperatures forecast for the weekend already. So Ill take that as a good thing.

uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Today's good thing is I got to spend time with two lovely ladies, one of which I don't know well. It was enjoyable to get to know her a little better. There may be truth to the old saying "there are no strangers, just friends you haven't met yet"
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

In the last 24 hours a couple of good things have happened.

I visited with a few friends for an hour or so. We talked about what people do to relax, be it art, music, writing, hiking, reading, watching movies, etc. It was time well spent; and I went home feeling hopeful and positive.

Another good thing was that I lucked out with nobody in front of me at the Wal-Mart checkout - yay!
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi uni! All very good things indeed, the empty Wal-Mart checkout especially!

One good thing today was that I was finally ready to start getting out of bed again after a few days of the stomach flu- things are finally beginning to look up!!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear you've been sick, sandy11, but glad you're on the mend!
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks a bunch uni!

On that note, one good thing today is that I found my favourite childhood candy at the store today!

Comment

Oooh, childhood candies! I chewed a lot of Dubble Bubble bubble gum - half the fun was reading the comics it came wrapped in!

As for today's good thing, I went for the most wonderful refreshing walk in the new snow, in minus 2 temperature Back to the long winter coat, but that was fine with me, the cold and snow will be gone again in a few days.
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Yummm! I'm sure those comics must have been fun to collect! I ended up getting a few pieces of Hubba Bubba gum

Winter walks are sure underappreciated- sounds like a refreshing break from the day indeed!

Comment

Today's good thing is that it's Easter Sunday, with all the meaning that might entail, depending on what's important to you.

I value Easter in several areas: spirit, family, friends, community, and food, to mention the main ones. Today I fed and exercised my spirit, my body, my social skills, and my heart. What could be better?!

I hope those of you celebrating Easter are enjoying the long weekend! I also hope those of you not celebrating Easter are enjoying the long weekend!
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Today I went for not one walk, but two. The weather was perfect for it. No longer cold, not yet hot. Yay!
                              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Double the good things, love to see it uni! One good thing today: started cat-sitting for a friend!

Comment

Working...
                                X